Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller working but commands not working

Kyle Whitaker

First test of everything tonight and 1 unit worked when I was hooking everything up but now nothing. The hardware utility recognizes the unit but when I turn lights on nothing lights up on any channel. Help!!! Anyone have any ideas???

CTB PC v2 what's a controller reset? Are there any options out there to get another unit if this one is bad? I heard that LOR is shipping 2-3 weeks out! AHHHH

Remove.power
Note where the jumper is. Normally on the second row of pins on the header near the status light.
Pull the jumper
apply power. The status light should go to fast blink
Remove power
install jumper
apply power and test

Pulled the unit inside and connected up so it's the only controller. Testing using the hardware utility. Pulled jumper, powered, fast blink, power off, put jumper back, power, solid light and refreshed hardware utility. Still can up as unit 6 so are you sure that it was really reset. Still doesn't work BTW. Oh no!

That link is a CTB16D, in a case similar to a showtime controller. Devices usually retain their ID through a reset.

You have checked channels 9-16? They are on the same fuse as the controller logic. 1-8 either have a separate fuse if dual inlet, or an additional fuse if single inlet.

Tried all channels, terribly depressed. I don't get how it worked a few days ago and still is recognized by the hardware wizard but nothing. Tried replacing the fuses to no avail. I am beating my self up now for not ordering a spare. I knew it was a good idea but just didn't have the money.

They are responding but either sending generic troubleshooting or not understanding the problem. Honestly, I can onlyte guess that some circuit died.

They are responding but either sending generic troubleshooting or not understanding the problem. Honestly, I can onlyte guess that some circuit died.

Ok, board worked last year but I can't remember if I tested it this year. I've tried resetting, reinstalling the firmware, etc. The Hardware utility DOES recognize it but none on the channels do anything.

I've checked with LOR support but after basic troubleshooting they said to send it in to get repaired.

Any other ideas since I need this controller for the show?

I've attached a pic. It looks like the solder is intentionally NOT touching in the red circle but can someone confirm that it should NOT be soldered together?

Attached files 285529=15813-IMG_5455.JPG

My recollection is that you are getting blinking status, solid status, and finding it in hardware utility. A flaw there would prevent all of those from happening.