Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights come on at wrong time

PLMCRZY

jimswinder wrote:

Question:

When you make a change to a sequence while your show is running, the next time that sequence plays, will the changes show up or do you have to shut the show down and restart it to have the changes work?

I believe the LOR show player will try to preload sequences into memory. And I think I had an experience where I had to stop and restart the show for the changes to take effect. But it's been so long I can't remember for sure, I just always do it.

Jim,

Just experienced exactly what you are asking about. Once the show is loaded, you will need to shut it down and restart to load the changes.

Bob.

I actually reloaded all sequences while the show was running and stopped the whole thing. Dont recall the actual message, but LOR didnt like it.

eventually that is what I did...waited till the end of the show to "End Immediately" before it started up again...then enabled the show to see the changes...

but alas, I still had/have these pesky "Ghost Channels"...

deeper investigation this weekend...

During my Sunday night show I had some ghost channels also. In my case it was all 5 channels of one of my poles. After the show, I checked the sequence and found no problems. Reran the songs and it was fine. Before the show I couldn't some shows to go. I had friends on the way over and ended up having to do Show On Demand. After the show, this issue seemed to have gone away too. I have no idea what went wrong.

I remember seeing an option to Load sequences from memory or Load one at a time (something like that..) in SSB. Jim, how are yours set? When I make changes I usually just wait til a song is finished, End Immediately (or Unload LOR) then reload/enable.. then the changes are played

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I remember seeing an option to Load sequences from memory or Load one at a time (something like that..) in SSB. Jim, how are yours set?

**I don't know...will check that out**

When I make changes I usually just wait til a song is finished, End Immediately (or Unload LOR) then reload/enable.. then the changes are played

**I don't like to "End Immediately"...especially if it is in the middle of my show becasue then it will start over at the beginning and the people watching will hear the same songs over again before hearing all of them...**

I think the option that TJ is referring to is in the Show Editor, not the Simple Show Builder (I might be forgetting about a similar thing in the SSB, though). If you click on the Show Editor's "Options" button, one of the options in the dialog box that will open up is "Sequences are loaded when they are needed" or "Sequences are loaded before any are played".

Once the Show Editor has loaded a sequence, it will not pick up any changes to that sequence until after the show has stopped.

Regarding the original issue of the thread, which I gather has been resolved via doing something with "the FM transmitter" - could I please get a little more detail on that? What kind of transmitter? What was done with it? Thanks.

Bob, Upon further investigation I think it is a problem with the ac adapter for my laptop. I am in the process of moving everything to a different part of the house. I'am almost certain it has to do with the circuit I'm plugging it into.
If the computer (laptop) is running on battery power, I have no problems. As soon as I plug it into the ac adapter I start to get these ghost signals. Lights come on at the wrong time, lights stay on, wrong lights come, etc. I will know more tonight after it gets dark enough to see the lights in question. As far as the transmitter goes I'm using a Ramsey FM 25B.