Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC suddenly stopped working

showman

I have a ctb16 pc that has been in use for several years and has worked wonderfully - last night ran for several hours without problem - today I turned on all circuits to check some lamps that needed to be replaced - all came on (very low load maybe 500 minis at most) I shut down the test mode and enabled the show about an hour before it was scheduled to start.

To my dismay when the show started - that controller was not working at all. I opened up the lid and I have no status light at all and the box smells hot - When I went to check the breakers - I discovered that My son had plugged both power cables into outlets on the same 20 amp breaker. The breaker had not blown but I thought that might have something to do with it. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem - possible solutions? Help - my house looks lopsided tonight!

Have you checked fuses?

Made sure all of your lights on that controller are fine, no shorts?

Depending on the load on the controller, one 20A circuit may or may not handle them...you should know that before hand...500 minis is going to be less than 2 amps...if that is the whole controller, it should hardly break a sweat.

lights were up and running for several hours with no problem - all check out fine when plugged into a hot circuit - replaced fuses to no avail. just decided to let it cool down and re check in the morning