Light-O-Rama Forums

Can LOR MP3 player be connected from Harware utility via Wireless link

ArtieMcD

My setup...

My PC is connected via USB to USB485B, which has one of the LOR Wireless links. Outside I have 6 LOR1602 controllers and hardwired together, plus 2 CCRs. Controller one has the MP3 player and I also have the Wireless link attached to it.

From my PC I can discover All 6 controllers and the CCR.. And I can send commands to the lights and it all works. However the hardware utility fails to detect the mp3 player. The red light continues to blink. If I move the MP3 player inside and plug directly into the USB485B, the red light stops blinking and the hardware utility sees it. Obviously if I take a long Ethernet cable and run from the pc to the outside it see it too. It only fails when there a wireless link between the PC and the mp3 player.

In either case, when I put my memory card in the player and shut down the hardware utility... The MP3 player drives the lights fine... whether connected to controller 1 or the inside USB485B... So my stuff is ultimately working... But it's a pain not being able to contact the MP3 player from the network while it's outside.

Per the instructions

The DC-MP3 powered (see the Power Input
section) and connected to the PC via one of
the RS485 adapters – Do not use wireless