Superstar Instant Sequence questions

Superstar supports a maximum width of 360. There is not a way to make one row that is 700 nodes wide.

What I would suggest is the following:

create your group as 3 strings, each being it's own row. So you end up with 3 rows on the sequencing grid

In instant sequence, set TCM 1 to "rapid fire" trigger type

in "Row assignments to TCM" set row 1 to TCM 1 and set the other 2 rows to "none"

set movement to "Right multi-row"

click on the "timing map" button and set row 1 to "all freqs"

Click on "sequence all" or "sequence selection." It should create some effects that "scoots" a pixel across all three rows successively. It will scoot faster during the active parts of the sequence.

Another option is to use "preview" for the arrangement of the group and you can use "auto sequence" to move one or more pixels across the "preview" arrangement. There is a video tutorial on using "auto sequence." Or you can send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and I can arrange a time to show you how to use it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took another look at the Timing Map, and that is where my problem is. It only populated the first 3 ribbons. I didn't realize that it did that by default. I just clicked the set frequency spectrum a

CCRs $250 x 12.....$3000 Star........ Not sure but a guess would be $100 Seeing the magic Brian does with it..........Priceless. I did a test on my CC Pixel tree last night. I'll have it on Vimeo soon

Really Mom?

Posted Images

I already have the roof outline set up in 3 strings.  The first is roof front left(300pixels), roof right(300 pixels), and roof top left(100 pixels).  I then created a group called the roof outline. 

I am selecting the row roof outline and then right clicking and choosing insert superstar effect.  This is when I am getting the error message.  

If I try to select the 3 individuals strings the sequencer will not allow multiple strings to be selected.  I have tried shift + click, control+click and alt+click.  I still end up with only one string selected.  With that said I don't see how I get to the part about 

In instant sequence, set TCM 1 to "rapid fire" trigger type

in "Row assignments to TCM" set row 1 to TCM 1 and set the other 2 rows to "none"

I can open superstar with only one row selected but that gives me 3 strings that are not working in sync with each other.

Change the arrangement of the group in Preview Editor so that it comes out as three rows on the SuperStar sequencing grid.

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Change the arrangement of the group in Preview Editor so that it comes out as three rows on the SuperStar sequencing grid.

I am not sure how to do that.  Currently I have the group as a horizontal stack.

20 minutes ago, smailliw said:

I am not sure how to do that.  Currently I have the group as a horizontal stack.

Change to a vertical stack.