Light-O-Rama Forums

Writing to and SD Card

fireman5214

If anyone is using LOR 2.9.4, does anyone know how to write the monthly calendar type show to an sd card? Using Windows 7

Thanks in advance.

The only ways to write to an SD card are via the Hardware Utility's LOR MP3 tab or the Simple Show Builder.

If you're saying that you've already set up a show using the Show Editor and Schedule Editor, sorry, the Hardware Utility and Simple Show Builder don't pay attention to that when building the SD card, so you'll have to build the show the way you like directly in one of those two.

I like the SSB, but can't use it. It just isn't functional enough, unlike the Hardware Utility that actually has a LOT MORE flexability in the time options from :00 to :59 after setting the hour (1-12), you CAN MIGRATE to where you sequence folder is and not have to copy your sequences to another place just so the SSB software can find them.

Other than those two issues, the SSB isn't bad, it just needs to allow for changing directories to WHERE your sequences are kept in that folder and not have to move them just to use this program.

It should also allow for all time allotments, not just specific ones and it won't allow you to use a start up sequence or multiple shows. I know it's called the Simple Show Builder, but couldn't it at least have these options as I don't consider these complex by any means, they are simple tasks that one WOULD expect the SSB to be able to handle.

But that's just my nickels worth of an opinion on the SSB. (And I have brought these very issues up when I started using the software in 2010 when I licensed it and could use it.)

And why can't the HWU have an end sequence that would run at show shut down? Seems to me that should be doable or is there some particular reason why you can't have a shutdown sequence from the HWU MP3 tab for use with DC-MP3 Showtime Director units utilizing SD Cards?

And why is the MP3 tab when building shows limited to only 9 shows?

There's been a few times I needed more than 9 for what I was trying to do.

So why only 9, why not more, is there a specific reason for that limitation?

Asked these before I believe, but don't recall ever seeing an answer to these last two options I was inquiring about.