Light-O-Rama Forums

Help - Visualizer not playing

JoeKinne

For some reason, the visualizer won't play when the editor is running, The problem occurs whether I am putting out to the local host or if I have it sending to another machine. I have reset the editor machine and the remote machine with no luck. Obviously this is an issue since I have 2 songs to finish today for the show tonight, so any help would be appreciated.

Did you turn ON 'Control Visualizer' in the Play menu?

Did you block the visualizer with your firewall? For the Windows firewall, see this:
http://www.lightorama.com/help/simulation_and_firewalls.htm

While the Visualizer does allow you to run across a LAN, that's not officially supported. Stick with trying to get it to run locally, and then move to the LAN.

I am trying to run it locally with no success. I just uninstalled wiped the registry and re-installed with no luck. I am frustrated at this point and going to step away and work on something else for a few and come back in an hour and take a look again.

Ok, this sucks. I finally figured out how to make all my props and lights in visualizer and now I can't get it to play.

I press play and it just sits there. I allowed the program in my firewall and still nothing.

Any Ideas?

Are you also pushing PLAY in the Sequence Editor? Pressing play in the Visualizer only places that program into a state where it can receive commands from the Sequence Editor/Show Runner.

Have you turned ON 'Control Visualizer' in the Play menu of the Sequence Editor?

Have you worked through the tutorial yet? http://www.lightorama.com/help/tutorial.htm

Running your first simulation......DUH!

Thank you Mike. I knew that it had to be something stupid that I missed.