Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about two shows on mp3 director

richardh

This is what I am trying to do. I have two different shows with different songs that need to play every 30 mins. For example at 5:00pm show A needs to play and then at 5:30 Show B need to play. Then at 6:00 Show A plays again, etc. During the time it is not playing I need it to play a filler sequence. This needs to happen from 4:30 pm to 10:00 pm.

The problem is you can not schedule two different show during the same time frame.

So if I set Show A to play from 5:00pm to 9:30pm every hour, it will not allow show B to play that is set from 5:30pm to 10:00pm.

The only way I have figured to make this work correctly is to figure out how long Show A takes and then make another filler sequence so it will end at 30 mins, then do the same thing with show B so I will have one show that is exactly 1 hour long but it will have Show A/Filler/Show B/Filler.

Anybody know of a simpler way?

Thanks.
-Richard Holdman
www.holdman.com/christmas

Thanks for the input from those that contacted me.

What I ended up doing was only creating one long sequence that spaces the timing between the two shows and then using the "Action to take between hourly shows" option when setting up the SD card.

So it ended up doing this.

Run Show from 5:00 to 10:05 - Set to repeat every hour.
== Show A ==
Song 1 - 2:30
Song 2 - 2:30
Song 3 - 3:06
Spacer Sequence 21:54
== Show B ==
Song 4 - 2:24
Song 5 - 1:37
Song 6 - 3:06
Set "Action to take between hourly shows" to Filler Seq that runs and loops a 2 minute Sequence.

Works great and by running the "Action to take..." after Song 6, I can make sure that the show starts at the top of the hour exactly and I only have to figure out the one Spacer Sequence after Show A.

-Richard