Light-O-Rama Forums

Help! Please!

Big Al

when connecting my controller I get a message "Unable to locate LOR Port check that the controller is connected and that it is powered on. I have it plugged in the fuses are good I had it checked with a meter and it is getting power. the led light is not on. Please help I'm pulling my hair out.

happened to me yesterday after unpacked the controller, I connected everything together and nothing. Just reset the PC and I when to LOR control panel/hardware then REFRESH button and bingo.

More likely an issue with your usb/RS485 adapter than the controller. Need to make sure you have port set properly. Rebooting your pc is a good first step.

Correct to assume it worked before on the same computer?

solm96 wrote:

The boards status light should be blinking as soon as you apply power. Unless I'm missing something this should not have anything to do with the computer or communications.

True...glossed right over that. If the LED is dark, the board itself is the first place to look. And it will not, of course, be communicating.

I'm blaming too much turkey for the brain cramp..:D

Big Al..is this one you built? Has it worked previously...a little more info please.