Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving Channel Setup?

TitanBry77

First Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here, I'm thankful for everyone's help and knowledge, this is by far one of the friendliest helpful forums I subscribe to.

Now, as the food is cooking, I'm still trying with all my will to conquer this software.

There must be something simple that I am missing. I created a new audio sequence and set it up with all my 32 channels, named them properly, assigned them etc.

Now, I want to create a sequence with a new song. What do I do, delete the audio and timing from the first one somehow? Or do I need to start over again, is there a way to save the channel setup?

Thanks!

from your new sequence, click edit. click on export/imput configuration. click on export. same file and name it. when you start a new sequence, click on how many channels and open. now same thing but use import confiration. the file you named is listed. click on that and you'll have the new config all set.

Hello Bry, and welcome to the madness that is LOR!!

Ok, once you've got your layout/channels the way you want them, go to Edit, Export/Import Channel Layout.. click Export, name your layout then save it in the Sequences folder (I think thats the default), then in the main LOR folder as a backup.. that way, if it's accidently overwritten (um, has NOT happened to me.. today...) then when you create a new sequence and it asks for authors name, number of channels, etc, there's a window to import your layout.. click to open, find your saved channel layout, import it and you begin with your own layout.

BOOM! Thanks guys, worked perfect. I still just can't get the sequencing down right though, I think I am just rushing and will have to spend more time next season on it.

Do most of you use the beat wizard or a fixed timing grid?

I use Beat Wizard first, then as I am sequencing, I will do one section at a time using Tap Wizard. I also name the Timing something obvious as in "Vocals", or "keyboard", etc..

Mark