Light-O-Rama Forums

Video's of The Gummy Bear Song and some heavy metal!

Big Island Brandon

Here are a couple video's of two new songs this year. Kids and wife wanted The Gummy Bear Song and I decided to was time to do a heavy metal song.....

Great job : very interesting the kind of tree you have in front : is it a real or an artificial kinda pole built ?

If you have a pic in daytime.

Thanks for the comments! The object on the garage is a projector with "Merry Christmas" and a snowman. Sorry, video done on iphone because my camcorder is broke...so not that great of quality. The intro was done with several different clips I found and put together with audacity. I'd be happy to share. I have two trees....one basic mega tree with 32 light strands and channels and the spiral tree is new this year. Used a 12 foot pole and supported it with 1/8 cable staked into the ground. I then used rebar tie wire to run 16 lines from the top down to the bottom outline of the tree and tied off to individual rebar stakes in the ground. These wires then supported the 16 light strands that I spiraled down from the top and tied off at each of the 16 rebar stakes that I had already used to secure the wire to. Ended up being very stable and is holding up well. It's not my design....have seen it several times here and a few other forums. Even though it took an entire day to build....it was well worth it!

The "tree" in front was done with three 10' pvc pipes. Wrapped them with six strands of lights each, using one channel each. Pounded a 4' rebar into the ground and slid them right down over the rebar!

I am very impressed with these. I LOVE that Spiral Tree, my wife loves those triple vertical arch 'trees' in the center. She asked me to make those next year. My kids are obsessed with that gummy bear video. Let me know if you are interested in sharing or trading that sequence.

• The topic was locked