Light-O-Rama Forums

Having trouble with CCR's response to programming.

steve synek

Ok.........here is my issue. I have four networks set up with 3 or four ribbons per network. On two of the networks, my ribbons are behaving badly. Very badly. One network is working fine, and the last network is questionable. My regular controllers are behaving nicely. I have changed the programming to slow down my demand on the network. The old pattern is still showing up on the ribbons. And I can tell because I have changed colors. The old pattern is lighting on the ribbon and I can't figure out why. Any one have any advice? I have reset the ribbons. Held in the reset button as I powered up the controllers and the test pattern works fine. I ran my sequence thought the verifier and the only issues that show up is (18) yearly schedule which I don't use, (28) lots of channels "off"- which are macro channels for my ribbons which I don't use and about 50 channels I did not use in this sequence, and two (30) undefined channels that I have for fillers (no unit Ids). I have opened the sequence, expanded the channels to a very large size and do not see any call for lights "on". I looked thought the channel config and did not see any channels on the wrong networks. I have created a new duplicate sequence on a separate computer and moved it to my show computer with a new name (and was surprised that it did not request that I associate a new media file to the sequence when I added it to the show computer). Any one have any help or suggestions what else I could check? I sure would love to run my one sequence tonight.........but it doesn't look very good right now.

I am thinking about running all new network cable in the morning..................

Follow up........................... I completely removed one network and tried running just one CCR controller from the laptop. Same bad results. I changed the unit ID on one of my working controllers, swapped out the unit and the ribbon worked just fine. I reconnected the 2nd controller on the network and it had bad results. So I went and changed the Id on a second operating controller. This did not correct the operation on the 2nd ribbon. ( I am using all new network cables and am now powering the controllers from a different circuit). Having 2 new controllers on the network produce a ghost effect on the second ribbon that is not in the program. I also switched power supplies on the second controller trying to rule out power quality. No change using different power supply.

I am thinking the first controller is defective. But with the results on the second controller, I am not sure what to think.

Not knowing much much about electronics, I am worried I might be damaging something by the daisy chaining. Could I be damaging good parts trying to find bad?

Anyone, anyone????

Update. I tested, I tested, I took down the lights and tested some more inside the house. I updated the firmware. No luck until I just reread this thread. I had assumed (bad thing to do) that since I did not see multiple controllers in my config list that this would not apply to me.............. Clicked on a little dot-updated the controllers and now my two inside the house ribbons are colorfully like they should be. The hours I wasted over the last 4 days...............

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum89/29235.html