Light-O-Rama Forums

Overlap (colliding) CCR

ericnagel

I have a (red to black) fade going from channel 1 to 13 over 4 beats. I want another fade (white to black) to overlap it (like an "X"), say from channels 6-11. However, when I do this, where they overlap, the white takes over the red.

I've tried chasing & copy / paste with both background and foreground effected checked (yes, and with neither checked).

To get an idea of what I mean, look at anything done via the SuperStar Instant Sequencer with colliding morphs.

Is this possible in the Sequencer? Hope I was clear... kind of a hard one to explain. Attached is what I get, and what I don't want :D

Attached files 284142=15761-badx.png

By looking at the picture it seems that the Red was there first, and then you want to put the white event on top.

If that's the case use the "Paste from Foreground" option on your left hand tool bar. When using Paste from Foreground the "Off" events (in that white chase) won't overlap the Red events.

Thanks, Don! While it's not 100% what I was looking for, it's 99% which is good enough!

Ideally, the red would have not dropped below the original fade, so the red fade wouldn't go to black before popping up again, but this is happening so quickly, I think it'll work great (looks perfect in the visualizer)

Thanks again!

Eric

Attached files 284241=15765-2011-11-24-074405.png