Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.1 Serial Port Error

Guest guest

Hi guys,

A couple weeks ago in this thread http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/9922.html LOR could not control my lights although the Hardware Utility saw them fine.

The fix was to set the network speed to the minimum and all was well.

WELL, today I upgraded to 1.6.1 (love it) and now the Hardware Utility gives me the following error although the sequence editor and scheduler seem to be running just fine:

Help me Dan -- you're my only hope. :)

Cheers,
Charlie

Attached files 98212=5922-lorerror.jpg

Push Eject wrote:

Hi guys,

A couple weeks ago in this thread http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/9922.html LOR could not control my lights although the Hardware Utility saw them fine.

The fix was to set the network speed to the minimum and all was well.

WELL, today I upgraded to 1.6.1 (love it) and now the Hardware Utility gives me the following error although the sequence editor and scheduler seem to be running just fine:

Help me Dan -- you're my only hope. :)

Cheers,
Charlie

Charlie,

Hmmmmmmmm this is going to be a problem...... The new hardware utilty scans baud rates looking for devices..... Thus the issue you are seeing.... Your serial card refuses to switch baud rates so this is not working... If you click through the errors what happens?

LightORama wrote:

Charlie,

Hmmmmmmmm this is going to be a problem...... The new hardware utilty scans baud rates looking for devices..... Thus the issue you are seeing.... Your serial card refuses to switch baud rates so this is not working... If you click through the errors what happens?

The HU opens, but it reports "Comm 1 Error" in the selection box at the top. No amount of refreshing or Auto Configuring changes it.

I have screen shots of the device manager tabs for the pci card if that helps.

Thank you!

Charlie

hardutil.jpg

card1.jpg

card2.jpg

card3.jpg

card4.jpg

card5.jpg

I had a similar issue (COM Ports not found by the hardware utility) when I went to 1.6.1. My comports (on motherboard) were set at 9600 baud. When I bumped them up to 56k the hardware utility was able to see them.

Not exactly the same situation you have, but it may help someone else out.

Hope you get it worked out.

Jim.

• 3 weeks later...

Push Eject wrote:

Dan?

missed the earlier posts...

I appears that the PCI card will not accept changes.... On one of the screens it shows a check box ( Use default baud rate ).. Perhaps if you uncheck that box it will will allow us to change the baud rate.