Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help!

Linda

I have two controllers that some of the channels are not working on. They both worked fine when I put them up afer Christmas last year. On one of the controllers channels 4,7,8, 9, 15 and 16 are not working. On the other controller channels 1-7, 10 and 11 are not working. The lights these channels are plugged into all are working so it's not the lights that are bad. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

I reset both controllers. One is working now but the other one still is not fixed. Last night channels 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10 and 11 were not working. After I reset it today channels 3,4,10 and 16 are not working but the others are.

I have reset it twice and no luck the second time, but gonna to reset again tomorrow. It's one of three controllers that I'm using for five seven channel arches so it has to be working 100%. If I can't fix it I'll just do what we did last year before I bought another controller. I'll put all the sections of the five arches on the same channels instead of having them work independently like I wanted to. That way I'll only need 7 channels instead of 35 and just not use that controller.

Lori,
I deal with other types of controllers in the audio visual field. I have found that power ( brown outs and blackouts can cause corrupt files when booting up Sometimes reloading or upgrading firmware fixes problems. sometimes it introduces problems
in your case things are not working so it cant hurt to push firmware into the machine
Can't hurt at this point

Well my husband disconnected then reconnected all the wires on the board. My son who is an electrician tested all the dongles and they were all getting power. Then we tested it in the house with a strand of mini lights and all the channels worked. When we took it outside and reconnected all the extension cords channel 4 didn't work. I did a reset on the controller and still no luck. My son tested that channel again and this time it wasn't hot. It turns out there is a bad ground terminal that that channel was connected to. When he put it on a different ground terminal it worked!!! So for now at least every channel is working. :) Thanks everyone who tried to help me figure out the problem and offered suggestions on how to fix it.