Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller was found, but test won't trigger lights.

tofer26

Finally got my 485 today and plugged it in to the computer. Ran the auto configure and it found my controller and port, but I can not get the lights to turn on in the test. I checked all the plugs and everything seems to be connected. Any help would be appreciated. Had the flashing light, but it is now solid.

I presume you found this unit 01 via a refresh. If that is the case. I would suggest you do a controller reset. I presume you have the PC units with the jumper in the upper right side of the board. If this is so, then power down controller. Remove the jumper and then power up the unit for a few seconds. Remove power, return the jumper to the second row and then power up the controller. Now on the computer reopen the hardware utility and do a refresh. Should find your #01 controller. Once this controller has been found, click on it to select it. And then try the fade to 100% button. Do the lights light up?

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Reset the unit id and everything came on. Can't wait for Thanksgiving now. Starting with 16 channels and will definitely be adding more in the future!