Light-O-Rama Forums

Show won't start by itself

Guest guest

I have two shows scheduled for each day:
One scheduled for 5:00-6:47 that turns on four channels--the Christmas tree and other inside lighting as well as lawn candles and Nativity display outside.
One scheduled for 6:48-10:10 that runs the music animations at the top and bottom of each hour and static outdoor lighting (with music) in between.

The problem is that when I come home at 6:00 (or whenever) hoping the Prelude lighting is on, it's not. The LOR status shows that it's waiting for the next show at 5:00. If I click on anything in the Windows system tray, everything stops--mouse, keyboard, everything. Ctrl-Atl-Del is ignored.

The recovery is to hit the front-panel reset on the PC system unit. When it finishes booting up, LOR is active and running the 5:00 Prelude "animation." Then at 6:48, the second show begins and runs properly until it expires after 10:10.

Any idea what's conflicting? I'd sure love to be sure that it would run if I wasn't here to intervene...

Thanks Team!

Almost sounds like something is locking up the system before 6:00pm.

1) Are you running the Serial or USB adaptor?
2) Do you have another device (matching the answer from 1) running on the system? Try disconnecting that device and see if that is causing the lock up.

i have the same problem my show wont go one at the time set when i try and click on the status bar the window comes up but does not fully load and then locks up but as soon as i reboot it turns on instantly

Thanks Don--

From Don:
1) Are you running the Serial or USB adaptor?
USB

2) Do you have another device (matching the answer from 1) running on the system? Try disconnecting that device and see if that is causing the lock up.
I have a USB connection for a Palm HotSync device, but HotSync doesn't load up properly on the reboot. The cable is still connected to a USB port, but it's not an active device. I just now removed HotSync from the Startup folder and will reboot and see if LOR can assume and retain control for tomorrow's show.

I had a similar problem with the system locking up both before the show started and also during the show. Often the show would just stop after 20-30 minutes and I had to reboot (or hard reset) to get it going again.

I was using the USB485B with dual outlet cables. Tried updating the drivers to the latest version - maybe a marginal improvement, but still did not provide a workable system. Finally reverted to using the original com1 port eith the 485 adaptor. This meant getting extra coms cable, but I have not had a hickup since. Show has been running flawlessly for several nights now.

See topic "Fatal exception during show" at http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/9817.html in this forum.

Hope this helps - Geoff