Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and GFCI - II

Guest guest

I was running tests today in between the rain to make sure all channels were working.

Well, the breaker tripped.

I have 4 LOR-16 port boards. For what ever reason, when the breaker trips, I have a problem with Controller-3.

I reset the breaker, and every channel on controller-3 lights. I open the box, and the LED is out.

I tried to just unplug the controller, but the same thing happens. Now, I unplug the controller, reset the address to zero, then plug it in for about ten seconds or so. Then, I unplug the controller and reset the address to 0-3.. Then plug the controller back in, and it works normally again.

Quite a pain in the butt, since none of the other controllers have this problem when the GFCI trips.

:?

John Pidliskey wrote:

I was running tests today in between the rain to make sure all channels were working.

Well, the breaker tripped.

I have 4 LOR-16 port boards. For what ever reason, when the breaker trips, I have a problem with Controller-3.

I reset the breaker, and every channel on controller-3 lights. I open the box, and the LED is out.

I tried to just unplug the controller, but the same thing happens. Now, I unplug the controller, reset the address to zero, then plug it in for about ten seconds or so. Then, I unplug the controller and reset the address to 0-3.. Then plug the controller back in, and it works normally again.

Quite a pain in the butt, since none of the other controllers have this problem when the GFCI trips.

:?

You say that the GFCI tripped.... How many of the controllers are on the GFCI that tripped?

It it the green board. Yesterday, things got worse.

IT constantly has to be reset now. What happens is, once it is reset, the status led sort of flickers. It does not stay lit steady once the LOR app picks up the controller.

Now, during the show, it will loose I guess the address, because All the channels will be on, and when I check the LED, it is out.

Dan, Hoping I can call you today - if I have to, I will overnight the controller to you. I hope to get this resolved asap, since it will greatly hinder my light show.

Do you think the processor got damaged when the breakers tripped?

Dan, problem RESOLVED!!!:)

I took the board out of the box this morning and took a look at the solder side.

To my surprise, the dang transistor at q17 still had the ends out too far. They were mashed together.

I clipped the extra leads off, and everything worked like a charm.

That q17 transister is a royal pain to get in, the leads are way too close.

On the Blue Board, I noticed the design was changed and the leads for q17 are much further apart. Good move...