Light-O-Rama Forums

Does anyone else laugh a little bit when they see this at Lowes/HD?

imacericg

I was thinking, we are all laughing about how primitive the MR C. is. But just wait, all of us who had a MR C and gave it away will be truly upset with ourselves when 30 years from now they become valuable as retro collectors items. Like having an original "Pong" or a "Commodore 64, or all those "In-the-Box" Star Wars figures our mother gave away when we left home.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scubado

• Tim Fischer

• CaptainCook

• rainyoregonchristmas

I was going to say what Tim said.... I've seen some LOR sequences that don't seem to match the songs at all, Anybody been to Home Depot lately? they sell "lightshow" products

hey i started Last year with a Mr. Christmas , and it did make me want alot more and better display well from this time last year to now ive gone from Mr. Chrsitmas to 32 Channel's of LOr with a third Controller being saved up for.

hey i started Last year with a Mr. Christmas , and it did make me want alot more and better display well from this time last year to now ive gone from Mr. Chrsitmas to 32 Channel's of LOr with a third Controller being saved up for.

i found a youtube video i made to show the 9' nutcrackers. the music and sequencing are from my 6 channel Mr Nutcracker. People enjoyed it even though it is pretty amateurish as compared to peoples shows on here.

you may laugh at a 6-channel Mr. Christmas product now, but it is only a matter of time before someone truly commercializes a 16 or 32 channel (possibly expandable) product that can be sold at the big box stores. It obviously would never compete with a 128 LOR system, but it would be simple to set up with pre-loaded sequences. I agree that this system is good as it gets people hooked on the idea that they could do more with their lights than just plug them in at the beginning of every night.

You must've seen my videos! :huh:

Mine too Jim. I know my first couple years were not as good as they could have been. And I still know my Christmas ones this year are still going to be fairly bad since I didn't take the time to tweak them to make them better and are still fairly the 1st year sequences with some minor changes.

As usual I focused too much on my Halloween display instead of Christmas *again!*. Just seems I enjoy doing Halloween more than Christmas, even though I love both equally, just seems I *always* get caught up in Halloween and my Christmas display suffers. LOL Next year I'm going to try and force myself to NOT add or work on any Halloween sequences/music and try and get Christmas much better.

Got mine for $13.50 a few years back on sale, Picked up 9 of them, Gave 7 away to neighbors who hung lights thinking they would like them. Shipped one to family overseas, and keeping one as a memory of what has been....

Now you can imagine the annoyance on our street when you were taking an evening stroll...However It got you in the spirit, and during the season, it brought the street together ^_^

LOL! :D

you may laugh at a 6-channel Mr. Christmas product now, but it is only a matter of time before someone truly commercializes a 16 or 32 channel (possibly expandable) product that can be sold at the big box stores. It obviously would never compete with a 128 LOR system, but it would be simple to set up with pre-loaded sequences. I agree that this system is good as it gets people hooked on the idea that they could do more with their lights than just plug them in at the beginning of every night.

That sounds like a good idea for an enterprising LOR user.

Lol....I tried to get that at one of the stores do do a basic display last year....no one here sold it. So I just set up the static display and started looking around. 4 LOR controllers and $500 in after sale lights at home depot later....here I am.

64 channels

8 small tress

one mini/mega tree

star and 8 channel star trail (my favorite)

2 leaping arches

Lots and lots of other lights.

[...] but it is only a matter of time before someone truly commercializes a 16 or 32 channel (possibly expandable) product that can be sold at the big box stores. [...]

Light bulb, lets go, we'll be rich, We will even make the controller possible to hookup to a PC via USB and we will sell sequences for even more profit. I've got a patent attorney, software engineer & a design consultant on the line right now... We need $600,000 In start up costs & projected break even point is 9 months with estimated $3,800,000 in profits by the end of 2014. Who's in?

LightbulbIdea.jpg

Edited by Arteom

It's like asking a brewer if they cringe when they see a Mr. Beer kit. My answer is "No. It gets someone into the joy of creating something great!" Not the best quality, sure. Still, worthwhile.

Here is a video of my display in 2008,2009 and 2010 with Mr. Christmas before I went to Light O Rama in 2011.

Edited by Reefrus

• The topic was locked