Light-O-Rama Forums

Box disappeared Help

Guest guest

I've been running my display for a few nights. Tonight I had to reset on of my GFI outlets. When I retested my boxes only three of the four showed up. Box three in the chain won't show-up. I've run the tests, plugged, unplugged, changed channel ids. I'm at a loss. On a side note the first night this unit and my second one thought they were the same box until I restarted my computer. Tried that tonight no luck.

What happens when you run a show?

You say that at one point 2 controllers thought they had the same address. Did you try to reset #3 to 0/0 and power cycle?

It's also possible that the rotary switches are giving you problems. Might need to change the channel to something other than 3, and do a quick re-program of your sequences.

I just ran the program and it looks like the box three is running animation from box two so I'm assuming they are being seen as te same box again. no I've not tried the 0/0 and power cycle didn't realize that was an option. I'll give it a try.

thanks

FandomFilms wrote:

I just ran the program and it looks like the box three is running animation from box two so I'm assuming they are being seen as te same box again. no I've not tried the 0/0 and power cycle didn't realize that was an option. I'll give it a try.

thanks

Sometimes the contacts in the switches have some crud on them. Try turning the Unit ID switches on boxes 2 & 3 around a couple times and then back to what the should be.

Are you absolutely sure the controller is still 100% good? Why did the GFI trip?

What does the Hardware utility REFRESH command indicate if you only have the "bad" controller in the 485 chain?

Good luck,

Roger