Light-O-Rama Forums

Another New LOR User having problems

Guest guest

Hello Everyone.

I am a new LOR user and have the LOR1602W along with the Easy Light Linker Pair. I have also purchased the Musical Sequences from LOR since it was my first year.

When I started setting everything up, it was working great. I had about 12 channels completed and it was working great for the last few nights. Tonight I finished my display and added the last of the 16 channels, and at first only the last 8 channels were working, and now none of my lights are on.

The music is working fine, but even after checking the Hardware Utility, none of the lights will come on with the test or during the show.

Can someone please let me know what may have happened? Could I have added too many lights to the LOR?

Thanks in advance for your help. The group here is great.

Jim Angel - Anthem, AZ

Open up the front of the controller box, two phillips screws I think, and you will see two fuses at the bottom of the board, they are 15 amp 250 volt Microwave fuses, I bought some this evening at Radio Shack:happytree:

Thank you very much for your help.

I just got back from Radio Shack, but they closed at 8:00, and I was about 10 minutes late. Same goes for Checker and Autozone.

I will give it a try tomorrow, and see if it works.

Thanks again.

Jim Angel

mysavanna wrote:

Hello,

I have replaced both fuses, and took some of the lights off the LOR, but still nothing? :{ Any one have any other idea's?

Thanks again.

Jim

Hi,

What is the status LED in each controller doing? Off, flashing, on solid.

Do you have shows disabled when you run the Hardware Utility?

What type of RS485 adapter do you have (serial or USB).

mysavanna wrote:

The LED is ON and is solid.
Yes I did disable the shows when I was in the Hardware Utility.
The RS485 Adapter is connected by serial.

Ok, you have a very simple system, with one controller and an SC485 serial adapter, you must not be using the ELLs.

Disconnect the controller from the computer and try these tests. First, power it off, spin the unit ID switches twice, they may have some dirt on them. Then set them both to 00, apply power, the LED should flash twice and pause, twice and pause, ... Turn off the power and set the switches to FF, apply power the unit should turn each channel on breifly in sequence. Power off again and set the Unit ID to 01. See what happens.

Hi John.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Not sure what exactly was wrong, but I followed your directions exactly, and it is working great now.

Thanks for your help, and Merry Christmas. :happytree:

Jim Angel