Guest guest

Raw Info:

• 1602W - Blue Boards - 2
  • Running in Stand-alone
  • 4.01 Firmware

Weather:

• 40-ish degrees
  • Heavy Rain

GFI-Free outlets are being used to light tree that is being controlled by above equipment.

Program was running fine on Tuesday ... now seems to have jerky, odd fades. Only thing different is the weather ... and not being on GFI circuits (was on Tuesday).

Description of Issues:

• Sticky channels
  • choppy fades
  • slow response
  • All of these problems were non-existent on Tuesday when it was warm and dry.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

T.

Note: My tree at home ... designed the same way ... but is being controlled via the computer (not Stand-Alone) is having no problems under the same conditions.

Tom B. wrote:

Raw Info:

• 1602W - Blue Boards - 2
  • Running in Stand-alone
  • 4.01 Firmware

Weather:

• 40-ish degrees
  • Heavy Rain

GFI-Free outlets are being used to light tree that is being controlled by above equipment.

Program was running fine on Tuesday ... now seems to have jerky, odd fades. Only thing different is the weather ... and not being on GFI circuits (was on Tuesday).

Description of Issues:

• Sticky channels
  • choppy fades
  • slow response
  • All of these problems were non-existent on Tuesday when it was warm and dry.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

T.

Note: My tree at home ... designed the same way ... but is being controlled via the computer (not Stand-Alone) is having no problems under the same conditions.

You mention slow response. does that mean that the sequence is running slower than expected? If so the speed control may be off center a bit.

Sorry, when I meant slow response ... the lights don't come on as expected, but it seems to be running at the correct speed.

All was well in better weather ... and nothing has been adjusted on the boxes, other than the GFIs were taken out, so that it would run in the rain.

Now, for example: The Blue LEDs, instead of slowly ramping up, they will just chop off the early part of the fade, and then just pop on.

• This was not happening on Tuesday when we tested the tree in warm dry weather.
  • And on my system at home, the same lights, controlled by my computer (in the same weather) do not do this.

So, I was wondering if the wet connections (plugs) are doing something to the internal controls on the boxes?

T.

contactmike1 wrote:

I don't know much about electricity, but I wonder if you plugged your controllers in out of phase when you switched outlets. Have you heard about this before? http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/10182-1.html#p96400

If the location is a commercial location then there may be 3-phase issues. This is not a problem in private homes which are single phase.

When the GFICs were removed the plugs may have been switched around onto different circuits. In a commercial environment both power leads must be on the same phase.

Not knowing what type of power cords you have going to your controllers. If the cords do not have the ground prong, and not polarized, then did you plug them in reversed from the way they were before.

Some LEDs even though the plugs are not polarized are effectively polarized when it comes to the fades and such that we put the lights through.

Chuck