Light-O-Rama Forums

lights dimly lit with power off

gerald sundberg

I have a group of ten mini trees controlled by one 1602W controller. Four of the trees are dimly lit with the power switch off in the controller box. Why is that?

Your friend in Christ Gerald

Guest Don Gillespie

gerald sundberg wrote:

I have a group of ten mini trees controlled by one 1602W controller. Four of the trees are dimly lit with the power switch off in the controller box. Why is that?

Your friend in Christ Gerald

Gerald check this thread out Reset controller ? might help you have you reset your contoller throught the HWU.

What model controller, and is it factory or other inlet cords?

Sometimes it is just LED strings that need a little phantom load. (often called snubbers around here)

But it has also at times been inlet wiring with hot and neutral swapped, either on the inlet cord, or occasionally at the outlet wiring itself.

+1 I would suspect that somewhere the hot and neutral have been swapped. Easest way to know is if you have a volt meter. With one lead stuck in the ground and the other probe the hot input to the controller and the neutral input to the controller. Which one indicates a voltage? If it is the one that is suppose to be neutral then your leads have been swapped. this was my problem a few years ago. I used a non-polarized plug and had this problem.

The controller is a 1602W,it has worked well for the past three years on the same display items with the same wiring set up,nothing has been changed.

I appreciate all the good input from you all,and I'll be doing some checking today.

Thanks much