Light-O-Rama Forums

Accessing sequence problem?

Guest guest

I cannot access my Carol of the Bells on my USB drive and it was 3/4 done.

I have been working on this sequence for a week and have been taking from home to work on my USB drive. Well today when I tried to open it I get a pop up that says error opening file. All my other sequences are fine but that one. Does anyone kow of a way around this? I tried defregenting, didn't work. I have it saved on my HD but I was much further along on my USB drive. This stinks!!!

jfelix wrote:

I cannot access my Carol of the Bells on my USB drive and it was 3/4 done.

I have been working on this sequence for a week and have been taking from home to work on my USB drive. Well today when I tried to open it I get a pop up that says error opening file. All my other sequences are fine but that one. Does anyone kow of a way around this? I tried defregenting, didn't work. I have it saved on my HD but I was much further along on my USB drive. This stinks!!!

Is there a ...bak file on the USB drive that might get you closer to the version with the error? If yes, rename it removing the .bak and try it.

jfelix wrote:

Ok how in the world do I do that one? I am not sure what a bak file is, but am willing to learn. I am ok with hte computer basics but that is about it. I am wanting to learn more though.

There's probably a backup copy of your sequence on the USB drive. If the copy you've been working on is CarolOfTheBells.lms, there's probably a CarolOfTheBells.lms.bak. Rename this file to CarolOfTheBells1.lms and open it.