Light-O-Rama Forums

Twist or no twist?

roknjohn

depends...

if you want the strings to end up shorter, then twist them...

I just zip-tied mine together...

I use 4 color 'super strings'. I neither twist or tie them together. They were hung on the tree seperatly the first time. When I took the down that year they were taken down in groups of 4 (r,g,b,w) and 'rolled up' together.

I don't see the need for twisting or fastening them together. They will do that all by themselves. : )

I lightly twist one clockwise and the other counter-clockwise and tape every 12-18".

As far as shorting the string, really? by how much 2-3". When have you ever found the four different colors/strings to be the same length anyway!

IMO

Scott T wrote:

When have you ever found the four different colors/strings to be the same length anyway!

IMO

All of mine are.

I use 64 strings (in four colors) of C6 LEDs from CDI.

Strings were purchased over a 4 year period as I added another color (and controller) each year.

Every string is exactly the same length.

JBullard wrote:

All of mine are.

Strings were purchased over a 4 year period as I added another color (and controller) each year.

I buy my Mini's at Loews and Walmart (AKA China with the dirt floor.) I have had some at different lenghts within the same lot. Including some rope lights.

I ready need to upgrade to LED!!!! Maybe next year

Scott T wrote:

JBullard wrote:

All of mine are.

I buy my Mini's at Loews and Walmart (AKA China with the dirt floor.) I have had some at different lenghts within the same lot. Including some rope lights.

Why I only buy from CDI, all strings come from the same factory each year, and are identical

JBullard wrote:

Scott T wrote:
JBullard wrote:

All of mine are.

Why I only buy from CDI, all strings come from the same factory each year, and are identical

LOL. If only that had always been the case. :P:D

JBullard wrote:

I think that would depend on how each string was unwrapped and untwisted and/or stretched out...

as for twisting making them shorter by just 2 or 3 inches..again, that would depend on how tightly you wound them...