Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone is Southern Cal near Chino have a LOR set up?

Guest guest

Hi!

I'm kind of jumping into this a little late this year, but really think my lighting set up is ready for the next step. From reading other posts, it looks like it will take at least three weeks to get a LOR set up. I am going to try to give them a call tomorrow though.

So, my question is, does anyone near the Chino area have a LOR (or any other type of) set up that is currently up and running that I could come over and take a look at? Is there any other types of set ups that are in stock at local Christmas places that I could go to this year to add some "on/off" capabilities that could then still be used next year once I have a LOR?

Also, this might not be the right section, but what playlists are you using for your FM broadcasting? Are they any different when you just have a static display?

Thanks!

-Chris

my neighbors and i are planning to start using our lor's probably next weekend, i plan on starting hopefully wed but it takes longer than you think your first time. We live off euclid and riverside technically in ontario but i'll send you a message once everythings up and running

You are welcome to come and get a special PlanetChristmas insiders look and tour of our display. We are having a great time with many kudos from viewers. This is our first year with LOR. All has / is going very well with the 10 songs that are sequenced.

Please email me in advance for the special tour: ggregzim@yahoo.com

dribbles wrote:

mb where's your location? Might want to see your show and the one in Temecula this weekend.
mb, you are off of Whitewood right?

There are 2 PC members in Temecula with AL/LOR(computer sequencing). Chris and Kerilyn of SoCalChristmas.com and then Peter who is just a stones throw away from them. MB is in Murrieta, and I am in French Valley (off of Winchester and Leon road). I didn't realize their was someone from Perris around also. I am still kinda new.

I just completed soldering my boards and just have one song sequenced. I am now looking into wiring all of my lights up to the boards. I may have more songs by the middle of next week. I don't know if I will have the thing running every night this year (late start) but I would like to "mess with it" a couple of nights this year. The rest of the time I will be static and I am planning already for next year.

JellyTheory, I thought I got a late start in late September but looks like you have me beat.:) Because I am still just in the "set up" stage you may be able to get a more "hands on" sorta feel if you wanted to come all the way out here and see what is involved. Sounds like I am just a touch behind uclasilva in the set up process. PM me if you want.

mb323 wrote:

No wind damange here, I'm in Murrieta, show has been running a week now.

In the process of putting a video together.

There is a guy that's on planet Christmas, he has 4 houses sequenced together and using AL.

http://www.socalchristmas.com
I went to their opening night. It was pretty cool to see four houses sequenced to music. Chris built 2 Z-trees. I really liked the 8ft one. Pretty cool set up and it really sold me on the strobe lights. I will definitely have to incorporate strobes next year.

Well, my display in San Diego is set up, but it's probably too SoCal for you. I also won't be back until the 16th.

As for the broadcasting question. At this time, I'm not broadcasting anything other than the songs I sync'ed with LOR. In the future I may air Christmas music 24/7. A big reason why I'm not yet is because you have to be careful about not interfering with any licensed signals. I also don't have the display on "static" ever. Right now there really isn't any traffic, so I don't have a reason to space out the songs.

Hi Guys,

This is fantastic! It's great to see so many people with animated displays with in driving distance. I will definately try to make some time to see some of your displays.

It would be neat to have a SoCal mini-tour sometime where we all can kind of tail-gate to eachothers houses and take a tour of the electrical set up and other homemade decorations and then drink some eggnog. ;)

My wife wouldn't think I'm as "crazy" if she knew other normal people were into the same thing!

-Chris

i just finished my set up and am doing a dress rehersal tonight and it should be going starting tomorrow night, i live off euclid inbetween riverside and walnut in the houses behind staters. 2845 plum lane go to riverside make a left, left on euclid, right on merion, plum is on the left

Hey UCLA,

I drove by your house tonight at 9:18pm and everything was already shut off. Did you turn it off early tonight (thought you had said it was on until 10pm but I might be wrong)?

Your set-up looked great though! I even saw some lights extending across the street to a light pole!

Thanks!

-Chris

Chris,
Sorry I turned it off about 9, my cat got into some of my display, knocked over some things and the blinking lights were driving me crazy while i was fixing the choas. They'll be up and running from now till the year's end and my nieghbors are hoping to be done by sat night so stop by and if u have any questions feel free to stop by , always willing to help out, pm me when you plan on coming by

Mike

Doh! That's ok. The bell looking lights on the perimeter of your yard looked interesting. I can't wait to come back over and check out the display. But will probably wait until Saturday so I can see your neighbor's too.

Silly cat. If a cat did that to my display; it would become a semi-permanent part of the display itself. I would have to cover it Christmas lights and and leash it a snowman in the yard. :)

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...