Light-O-Rama Forums

Using loops Question

crny1

Hello,
This is my first post and I have a question regarding looping of channels. Kind of hard to explain but I will try my best.
Lets say I have 1 controller (16 channels). Channels 1-5 are doing there thing and a loop is set from the beginning till the 10 second mark. Now on channels 6-16 I need a loop that starts at the 5 second mark and loops to the 8 second mark. BUT I dont want the loop to affect what the show is doing on channels 1-5. Is this possible? I cant seem to figure out how to make that work if it is. Yes I can put in multiple loops but they always affect every channel. Just curious if you can have a loop that only affects certain channels. Thanks guys.

Wes

Are you doing a musical sequence? If so, you can't use loops.

Assuming you are doing an animation sequence, I don't think you can do loops on a per-track basis, which would be one way to do what you want to do. Have not tried it, so if it is possible, I'm sure someone on here will correct me if I am wrong..

Yes, this can be done. A loop affects all channels that are in the loop's track, and only those channels. So what you would do would be to put channels 1-5 in one track, and channels 6-16 in another track, and different loops in those different tracks.

Note that you almost certainly should not share any channels at all between these two tracks, as both tracks will be competing for control of the shared channels, and since their times will soon be out of sync with each other (due to the different loops), they'll be sending conflicting commands to the shared channels.