Light-O-Rama Forums

Brand new LOR CTB16D with high power heatsinks and metal enclosures for sale

displaysinmotion_will

What's going on with William? I got tracking for my controller I bought from him two weeks ago. But after a week of nothing, and the tracking number showing not in ups hands. I get a tracking number cancel email and a next day air tracking number on the 9th. Its Tuesday. And the controller still has not been given to ups and William cannot be reached via email or PM or phone. He does not return communitions or anything. Its like he is turning into the Travis we all remember! Is this the partner light-o-rama wants? I'm starting to wonder if he's taken our money and running!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• displaysinmotion_will

• GDWLLMW

• ufmatt00

• rgardner518

Hi, like you I ordered from William and they never went to UPS after the shipment was created. I contacted the LORAdmin for the Forum and explained what was going on with one of the Partners. In return, William was contacted and told them he was waiting on parts for my controllers. In my case he did exactly what he told the LORAdmin he was going to do. He rescheduled the shipment and I received it.

User ufmatt00 who posted right above is in the same situation you are. His original shippment was cancled and rescheduled. As of yesterday the order had not been delivered to UPS. He gave ufmat00 a different excuse for the delay than what he told the LORAdmin.

William never responded to any of my communication however he did respond to the LORAdmin. I would contact the LORAdmin and tell them about your situation. Make it clear William is one of their Partners.

Again, I got what I ordered and I'm pleased with the product and the price. At the same time, it really stresed me and my show was delayed because William did not do what he said he would do. If I had to do it again, I would probably order from a different source just because of the stress and time I had to deal with.

Good Luck,

G.

I'm on the same page as GDWLLMW, except that I did receive communication from William. I also received hardware from him, after an initial problem in getting it shipped out, so, based upon what I've seen, I don't believe he's "taking the money and running."

Luckily, the hardware I ordered is in support of next year's show, so I didn't need it right away. The price is great, so I'm likely to order from him again.

Aaron

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

What's going on with William? I got tracking for my controller I bought from him two weeks ago. But after a week of nothing, and the tracking number showing not in ups hands. I get a tracking number cancel email and a next day air tracking number on the 9th. Its Tuesday. And the controller still has not been given to ups and William cannot be reached via email or PM or phone. He does not return communitions or anything. Its like he is turning into the Travis we all remember! Is this the partner light-o-rama wants? I'm starting to wonder if he's taken our money and running!

Your controller was dropped of at ups last night and you should receive it tommorow, I emailed you an updated tracking #

the location of my commercial display does not have internet nor cell service so it is not until the next day until i usually get emails or phone messages, im not avoiding them.

the short story gerald was that i was waiting on the grounded pigtails to be delivered from light-o-rama, that was the initial delay, then i got word on monday the 5th that my mothers condition was getting worse at the hospice she was in, so here is the "rest of the responce that you didnt get from the admin

" Yes that is correct I up and left on Monday to Tennessee to go visit my mother in a hospice where she passed on Tuesday I would be more than happy to provide proof if my integrity is being questioned, I was hoping to have the controllers shipped by tues but that did not happen. If it makes any difference my commercial display is still not running because I was catching up with orders, I spent on average $140 for overnight shipping to 8 different customers. So it really bothers me when I'm being called a fraud. I didn't offer these controllers to make money but to keep people from being taken advantage of on eBay.

upsproof.jpg

so as you can see on 12/09 I spent $715 on next day air shipments and i didnt charge the customers anything for that, i took a huge loss to make things right in an unfortunate situation
_____Original Message_____

Thanks William for the reply. The lack of communication is what bothers most people. Like I said, I'm pleased with the product and the price. Also, you shipped mine just as you told the LORAdmin you said you would.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my Step-Father is being cared for by hospice as we speak. I can only imagine what my situation would be like if I had to travel to be with him. It really puts a damper on the Christmas season.

I trusted you because of what others had posted. Like I said, it stressed me when there was a delay and no communication. I received my order and it was what you said it would be. Good product and you can't beat the price.

Kind Regards,

Gerald

Yes I have some please email me william@displaysinmotion.net

I may not be able to reply until the morning, the area I'm going to in does not have cellular service.

GDWLLMW wrote:

Thanks William for the reply. The lack of communication is what bothers most people. I trusted you because of what others had posted. Like I said, it stressed me when there was a delay and no communication.

Gerald said exactly what I mean. Please, with my sincere apology, say I'm sorry, and good luck with your family.

I too agree with the delay and communication issue. Personally, I'm so caring and understanding, that if I had know this was the cause of the delay, I would have told you NOT to overnight it, and take your time getting it to me when you get a chance! Would you like me to help pay for the Overnight cost? You should not me out more money, just because you had family issues. Family always comes first! That's why I do this. For my FAMILY!

Good Luck again,

Ray

To follow up, my unit arrived on the 13th of December, and it looks exactly as described. I would also like to give you my condolences for your loss. Had I known that you had some form of personal emergency to attend to, I would never have pushed to get my controller sooner. Best of luck

william,

thanks for the option one controller you sent. it was shipped fast, and i recieved it in great condition. in fact, please invoice me for another. i love the longer cords you use, they reach to the perimeter of my tree without needing extensions!

thanks, bret

Hi William,

I sent you a PM awhile ago regarding the partially working controller that I received. I'm not in a hurry - we can resolve the issue after the holidays - but please verify that you received the PM and are aware of the issue.

Thank you,
David

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth,

I've picked up three of the Option 1's, and these things are built like a shick brithouse. What Will doesn't show in the pic are the cat 5 connectors and cables that come already installed that feed from the bottom of the box to the board - no chance of pulling the board's comm connectors loose and no need to open the box to connect comm cables. Sweet...

I echo the quality comment. I bought two used controllers advertised in an earlier post, needed them in a hurry, great price, were on my doorstep quickly. I think what Will did here to make things right in an unfortunate situation says it all.

I agree - the cat 5 connector setup is a nice touch.

Unfortunately the board I received had a couple of problems. First two of the smaller heat sinks were loose (not attached) - not a big deal, I had the hardware around to take care of that.

The second problem was that channels 1-4 would only work very sporadically but I finally was able to trace it to one of the resistor networks not being soldered in. I am capable of fixing this issue but it would probably require removing the large heat sinks and basically unwiring and rewiring the controller...which defeats the purpose of paying a small premium for a completed controller.

I sent Will a PM on Dec 11 and posted in this topic on Dec 20 but I have not received any communication from Will on the matter. I'm not in a hurry, am willing to work something out (a credit vs. a repair) and understand Will has had a lot going on but I would appreciate at least an acknowledgement of the issue.

David

George Simmons wrote:

For what it's worth,

I've picked up three of the Option 1's, and these things are built like a shick brithouse. What Will doesn't show in the pic are the cat 5 connectors and cables that come already installed that feed from the bottom of the box to the board - no chance of pulling the board's comm connectors loose and no need to open the box to connect comm cables. Sweet...

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so I have 5 of the Option 4's available I have been holding these for a month for a buyer that never came through. price is $229 each plus shipping, If somebody wants to buy all 5 together we will offer free shipping. they also have Cat5 network jacks built into the bottom of the enclosure so you dont have to open the box to connect your network cables. See attached pictures

Attached files 305152=16743-IMG_0352.JPG