Light-O-Rama Forums

Playing start / stop issues.

dpetryk

I am seeing a situation in the S3 sequence editor where I can play a sequence but I cannot stop it.

Settings to play selection and loop at end. I start the play and it starts like usual but I am unable to stop it with the space bar -- sometimes -- about 25% of the time. It goes forever I have to kill the program using task manager which means I loose any edits. Sometimes I can stop with the space bar. Sometimes not.

Anybody having these types of problems? Any work arounds?

Is it possible that (in the cases where you can't stop it via the space bar) the Sequence Editor doesn't have the focus? Or some part of the Sequence Editor other than the grid itself has the focus?

That is, when you hit the space bar, something other than that part of the Sequence Editor is being told "the space bar has been hit"?

I have noticed the same thing. Doesn't seem to be a "focus" problem. When this happens, I have been able to use the PLAY > Stop menu selection to stop the playback.

I have the same problem. I thought it was a "focus" problem as well. I even click on the sequencer program title bar several times to make sure that it has focus and the space bar doesn't work.

It seems like it happens more when I'm running the Visualizer. It's seems intermittent to me.

-=CoasterBP

I'm also experiencing a long delay between when I hit play in the sequencer and when it actually starts playing. Could this be related to the Compressed Sequences capability (i.e. it's compressing it, before playing it). I don't have the control panel running on my sequencing computer.
My sequences are fairly large, but would play immediately in S2.

I have to click into the timing grid to get it to stop with the space bar.

I also notice a delay of up to 2 seconds before the sequence will start to play. Most of my sequences are 80 channels and 2 CCR's.

--Joe