Light-O-Rama Forums

Dead Channels

Guest guest

HELP! LOR with problems.

1) kit built unit w/out unit dial: two channel (7 & 8) doesn't seem to work and when using the utility hardware, unit doesn't register at all. How do you reset the LOR?

2) another unit has two channel flashing at the same time, either channel can be selected; already check sequence to see if they were the same.

Already sent a request for help to LOR.

HELP! Lights are waiting, wife is waiting, kids are waiting, neighbors are waiting...I'm waiting. My goal was to have this working on December 1st.

Try this guys. This was found on the LOR WIKI as most of the answers will be there.

The Hardware Editor can not see the controllers.

• Verify that power has been applied to the controllers.
  • Verify that you have properly connected the computer to the first controller.

• You may need to check the integrity of the CAT5/Phone cable.
    • If using the Easy Link Lighter, make sure they are properly connected within the scope of your configuration.
    • Unplug the controller, set the controller ID to '0', apply power to the controller for 60 seconds then unplug again, return your controller to the original ID # and restore power.

Have you tried changing the unit ID? I know LOR won't find it, but isn't there an option in the hardware utility to force change the unit IDs for all connected controllers? Just hook up only that box and try doing the force reset. I believe I remember Dan saying this how you get control back of units you forgot the ID. This might be the equivalent a kit reset, who knows...

The hardware is not see the controller...that's the problem. If the hardware can't see the controller, I can't reset the controller ID.

More problem...had lots of wind last night. Damage some items, more controller problems (I'm hoping only a blown fuse) when I tried running the test show last night. Guess the show won't start until this Saturday.

This is not good!

Are you talking about a CTB-08 board? If so, those have to be set with the HW utility. If you're not seeing it from the computer (e.g. flashing LED) then you have a comm issue of some sort. I don't think there is a way to 'reset' these and I've never had to in all the time I've used them (this is my 4th season).

-Tim

There is no way to rest a CTB08....

The Standard Kits come without UnitID switches. To reset them you remove the jumper on the 18 pin header. Removing the jumper is the same as setting the Unit I switches to 00...

So Power off, remove jumper, power on for 5 seconds.

Power off, put jumper back on.

Thanks Dan...I'll try it this weekend when there's daylight I can work with. I'll keep everyone posted.

I had 4 free channels (2 happened to be on the same controller), just switch the channel locations (and sequence location) and we're still good to go. Good note for everyone: plan at least an extra channel for last minute problems on each controller (it worked for me).

Just fixed all the wind damage from the past two nights. The show will go on tonight as planned (making my wife's date to start the show on Dec. 1st -YEAH!).

Just crossing my fingers nothing else happens. I'm so excited...my neighbor have been seeing the lights but not understand what's going on. "FM" sign just went out today for the show.

TIME TO BLOW AWAY ALL THE STATIC LIGHTS ON THE STREET!