Light-O-Rama Forums

Stutter During Fade Up and Fade Down

Guest guest

On my CTB-16D, sometimes it does a small shimmer before fading up/down. It seems like it occurs more often when I fade up and down more quickly. What it does is do a bit of the fade, then shimmer, then finish the fade. The longer the fade is, the longer the shimmer seems to last. I updated to the latest firmware, but used the wrong hardware utility to upload it. So I downloaded the new Hardware Utility, reloaded the firmware, and reset the controller. But that didn't help.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I can run some more tests if you would like. I am thinking this might be related to the electrical short I had when I tried the controller for the first time. It fried a few resistors, but I thought everything was okay after I replaced them. Also, this issue effects every channel.

They’re mostly mini lights. I do have two sets of little snowmen that use C9s I believe (there are 5 lights on each strand). I also have 2 100w flood lights on one channel. I tried unplugging the floods to see if it was an overload, but that didn’t help. I also tried unplugging the 3 roof channels I have because they have the most strings attached one after the other.