Light-O-Rama Forums

Error message coming up when sequence editor loads

Greg.Ca

Every time the sequence editor starts an error message comes up indicating tht S2 cannot find where the sequences are stored. The title of the error message is 'Cannot change folder'. The data in the message indicates this: Cannot find file or folder c:usersJoeydocumentslightoramasequences If I manually go to this path and select one of the lms files, S2 correctly opens up the sequence editor properly.

Where are the settings for S2 to initially look where to find the LMS files? After clicking ok on the error message, a window opens up indicating choices for new, existing and recent sequences and we are able to find sequences to work on. I just don't know why this initial error message happens. What went wrong?

This problem does not happen on my computer but does happen on my sons computer every time S2 is opened. He is doing most of the programming and I want everything to work properly. Somehow something must have gone wrong when initially installing S2?

I am guessing that you elected to have the previously used sequence to automatically load when you start the editor? In that case, have you gone to the EDIT menu and selected MEDIA FILE to make sure that is not the reason for the message?

And just out of curiosity... are you both running the same version of Windows? There is a good reason I ask that.

Try using the LOR Post program. You can find it in the same directory as your other LOR programs (typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama). It will be called "LORPost.exe", but it might just show up as "LORPost", depending upon how you have Windows set up.

When you run it, it will ask you for the location that you want your LOR data files in. Tell it the directory above your Sequences directory. For example, if your Sequences directory is C:UsersJoeyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences, tell it C:UsersJoeyDocuments.