Light-O-Rama Forums

Show/Schedule Editor

Guest guest

Am I not doing something right or is something not working right with the software. I have a show that has a startup sequence, an animation sequence, a musical sequence and a shutdown sequence. Does the show play a startup sequence, then move to the animation sequences, then to the musical sequences, and finally to the shutdown, or not.

Either way, I can adjust the schedule editor to make it work. The main question is why doesnt the startup sequence play first. When the schedule editor calls that show, it goes directly to the musical sequence and loops that for the scheduled time.

Basically I'm asking what I cant find in the show/sequence editor help. What can you actually setup with it. Should I just make one show with startup things, then another show with the animation things, one with the musical things, and so forth. Then call them at the right times with the scheduler. It seems like the show editor should do that and Im not doing something correct.

Dan posted this very recently.

If you have something in the startup section, you need to add a background (a bug) to get the startup to run. This was just discovered a few days ago. Create an nimation seqeuce 1 minute long with on channel in it that as the lights on all the time. Do not assign the channel to any hardware to it does not affect anything when it runs.

See if that solves your problem.

Not sure where to ask this.

Please help a LOR first time user. I cannot get my show to run! I’ve read all of the LOR information and what I could find here in the chatroom and LOR WIKI. I’ve tried several things including with and without startup/shutdown and with and without background (as posted by Dan on Sunday November 26th, 2006 11:00 pm).

After several attempts to get my show to go, I wrote a very simple show and scheduled it to come on daily. Nothing!

I wrote a simple 5-minute animation sequence called startit and added it as the first sequence in the show as the startup sequence. I then wrote another animation sequence called minutes5 and added it as an animation sequence. I then added “medley”, my musical sequence. I made a copy of startit and renamed it shutit and added it in the shutdown section, saved the show as “testit”.

Just to make sure the schedule was new, I deleted yearsched.lsc and weeksched.lsc. I then put testit in the weekly schedule to run about 10 minutes in the future. Again nothing.

All files are in the LOR directory. Weeksched.lsc is back in the directory now. (Weeksched.lsc is only 1 KB) Seems awfully small to me??

I have not updated the software since downloading it and installing it in the spring. Did I miss something?? My controllers and sequences work beautifully!!

Thanks in advance!

Ralph

richmondchristmas wrote:

Not sure where to ask this.

Please help a LOR first time user. I cannot get my show to run! I’ve read all of the LOR information and what I could find here in the chatroom and LOR WIKI. I’ve tried several things including with and without startup/shutdown and with and without background (as posted by Dan on Sunday November 26th, 2006 11:00 pm).

Going to go with the basics here.

Did you;
A) Start the LOR Control Panel
;) Enable shows?

You didn't mention that you did this ... so it's where we start first.

Do you also realize that the animation and musical sequences will play at the same time? If there are overlapping channels, you will have undesired results. (You know, once you get it running.)

I had a show that would not run last night until I discovered that one of the mp3 files was encoded at 192kbs and another at 320kbs.

I resaved those files at 128kbs and voila! The show ran like a champ.

Hopefully that helps someone.

Cheers,
Charlie

Push Eject wrote:

I had a show that would not run last night until I discovered that one of the mp3 files was encoded at 192kbs and another at 320kbs.

I resaved those files at 128kbs and voila! The show ran like a champ.

Did I miss this somewhere about the128kbs...is this only for the mp3 player or for the computer based LOR or both!

Ed

I use my LORs with a computer not the MP3 player.

Your experience may vary, but mine is that the show would not run with the higher bit-rates then ran fine once I had them all at 128kbs.

Charlie

First, thanks for the fast reply. Not being a computer person, some of the terms that I see are Greek to me.

I did NOT know that animation and musical sequences ran at the same time. That will not be a problem.

LOR is in my system tray. The control panel must be running because I can enable shows.

My show was not enabled. Just figured how to do that! Will try tomorrow. I have a static show running now and can’t get on the computer to try it (I don’t think with the sequence editor running a show).

Again, thanks

Ralph

Don wrote:

Dan posted this very recently.

If you have something in the startup section, you need to add a background (a bug) to get the startup to run. This was just discovered a few days ago. Create an nimation seqeuce 1 minute long with on channel in it that as the lights on all the time. Do not assign the channel to any hardware to it does not affect anything when it runs.

See if that solves your problem.

Yes, it appears to have solved the problem.

Thanks

My startup/shutdown weren't working either.

I did the fix noted above and now although my startup sequences work just fine and the show runs & loops until its end time, the shutdown sequence does not run. It is a very short musical sequence with no lights on that says the shows over, drive safely, see you tomorrow... maybe only 20 seconds or so.

Any ideas why the above fix would work for the startup but not the shutdown?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hmm... I used a shutdown sequence last year for the same purpose (although I started with an "all lights on" fading down to nothing at the end -- sort of a final closing of the curtain). I did have a background sequence which runs the X-10 static stuff. I'm not quite up yet for this year but there hasn't been an LOR software upgrade since last year, has there? I'm planning on doing the same thing again - hopefully starting tonight.

-Tim

My shutdown works on mine just by adding the shutdown to the show editor.

But my startup dosn't seem to like my belkin II because when it would go from startup to the show sequences it would crash the belkin? So I just don't use the startup this year.

greenmeanie wrote:

My shutdown works on mine just by adding the shutdown to the show editor.

But my startup dosn't seem to like my belkin II because when it would go from startup to the show sequences it would crash the belkin? So I just don't use the startup this year.

OK, I know very little about the Belkin, but how does it "crash"?

-Tim

The inconsistancies with the startup/shutdown schedule are unbelievable.

It seems to work just fine for some of us, but not for others. There must be something we can figure out here as a group.

Maybe if enough of us post our show set up we can find a common trend:

Channels: 32
PC/Standalone: PC
If PC - OS: WinXP Pro
Background tab: bugfix.lms (1:00)
Startup tab: 3 musical sequences (:08, 4:43, :16)
Animation tab: none
Musical tab: 12 musical sequences (about 25mins total)
Cleanup: none
Shutdown tab: 1 musical sequence (:10)

Anything else we should list?

Let's get to the bottom of the startup/shutdown dilema!

Cheers,
Charlie

I setup my Shutdown sequence yesterday and it worked, BUT it took over a minute for it to fire up. I think it left many in the dark (literally) until it finally announced that the show it over...which by that time, many were driving out of the cul-de-sac.