Light-O-Rama Forums

License question - 2 computers

josh3955

I use 2 computers. 1 is the show computer and the other is my laptop where I do the development work. Do I need two separate licenses? It appears the license is tied to the computer itself.

josh3955 wrote:

I use 2 computers. 1 is the show computer and the other is my laptop where I do the development work. Do I need two separate licenses? It appears the license is tied to the computer itself.

Your license has 5 seats. (Which is another way to say you can activate the software on up to 5 different computers.)

No, it's the same license on both computers, it will use 2 "seats", 1 on each computer. You get 5 seats with your license.

The first time you run the software on each computer, make sure to tell it to use the same path for the files. You can use matching paths on both computers (such as PublicDocumentsLightORama), or tell one to use the folders from the other computer.

If you don't do this then you'll get into an unpleasant situation where everything you do on your development machine has to then be edited on the performance machine because the sequences are looking in the wrong place for the media files.

I've never found a way from within S2 (or S3) to change the default folder locations.

By the way, another great thing with S3 is that you can run the visualizer on one computer while doing your sequencing on the other. That way, playing the sequence as you work on it will seamlessly give you the preview on your second screen.

aurickle wrote:

I've never found a way from within S2 (or S3) to change the default folder locations.

Run the LORPost.exe will allow you to change the default root folder for LOR. This is the file that is ran the first time you open the Sequenced Editor.

Chuck