Light-O-Rama Forums

Trending: Ordered, Shipped, Received When ?

dionie

I was looking at a old thread and it appears LOR prefers credit cards over paypal because they make more money and have more control over the transaction. If more websites stated this I'm sure more users would go the way they want... We will order tonight via cc and keep this thread updated. Thanks for the time reference guys.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dionie

• Dave Boros

• l0chte

• Mike Manzara

YYYEEEAAAHHHHH !!!!

Just received notice that my order shipped today, delivery is due on the 10th... So guys, there's still hope...

Good luck.. :):D:):)

"Al"

Al Dube wrote:

YYYEEEAAAHHHHH !!!!

Just received notice that my order shipped today, delivery is due on the 10th... So guys, there's still hope...

Good luck..    :)  :D  :)  :)

"Al"

What day did you order?

"Monday Nov 7, 2011 We started selling the Residential controllers on Oct 7th. The pent up demand cause a huge rush of orders that far exceeded the available supply. We now have a massive backlog of orders for the CTB16PC series that we must deliver before we can deliver the LOR16 series of controllers."
-store.lightorama.com
Anyone want to translate this mojo..

This whole debacle is taking the fun out of it. I am literally worried about an entire display, new lights, trees, arches all without enough controllers.

Story: I called them the first week in Oct to order and was told to wait until the 17th of Oct as that is when they expected to get a ton of these controllers in and that there would be no problems after that date. I followed their instructions and now I am 17 days away from turn on and kind of missing an important piece.

Truth: I know the story of suppliers, and I feel for them to a point. Business is business, we need more vendors, more suppliers, more distributors, more stock, more updates, more players in this arena. I am sounding like a more whore, and yes, I am. I haven't seen this type of outage since the swine flu shot!!! :D

Encouragement statement: C'mon boys, 24/7 for us crazies! :)

Ordered: Thu Oct 13 00:09:47 EDT 2011

No email notice, but on-line status now indicates order has shipped!
UPS tracking info says delivery on Monday.

Thanks Dan & company!

Current Trending Update:

Ordered 10/07, Shipped 10/25 - thanks to JoeKinne
Ordered 10/10, Shipped 11/04 - thanks to basis21b
Ordered 10/12, Shipped 11/07 - thanks to Al Dube
Ordered 10/13, Shipped 11/07 - thanks to Obewan

Thanks.

l0chte wrote:

"Monday Nov 7, 2011 We started selling the Residential controllers on Oct 7th. The pent up demand cause a huge rush of orders that far exceeded the available supply. We now have a massive backlog of orders for the CTB16PC series that we must deliver before we can deliver the LOR16 series of controllers."
-store.lightorama.com
Anyone want to translate this mojo..

I think if you understood the controller terminology you would understand what Dan is saying. So here is a quick tutorial:

Residential controllers, AKA CTB16PC controllers, AKA "PC controllers", (and even AKA the rarely referenced "Showtime PC" controllers--only on LOR's website that way) are all these:
http://store.lightorama.com/ctb16pcpage.html
yhst-1552586516070_2183_10190

LOR16 controllers refer to "Showtime Pro" controllers, or commonly AKA "LOR160x", or AKA "commercial controllers" or in the forums usually AKA just "Showtime controllers" are all these:

http://store.lightorama.com/showtime-products.html
yhst-1552586516070_2181_664902

No wonder it is confusing. :shock:

Basically Dan was saying that since they had been out of the more popular CTB16PC controllers, that once they became available that they got hammered with sales. They are trying to fill all those orders first prior to starting to worry about the LOR160x controllers (which are still on back order as of now).

Just a guess, but I'm thinking the LOR160x comes to LOR as a finished board, and they probably mount in enclosure, and connect pigtails, then ship.

It would seem that everyone is far to busy just trying to pack / ship the bare board, and they dont have time to assemble anything larger than the PC series right now.

For whatever its worth, I sent in a support request about 4 days ago, had a response within 48 hours, and when I returned from out of town last night, I had replacments parts in my mailbox.

just my opponion, but I think LOR continues to do a fantastic job despite the manufacturing issues that are beyond there control.

To the nay sayer's out there : Have you ever been to the flower shop on valentines day, or the toy store on black friday.

The months before the holiday are always crunch time for LOR. Yet, they managed to released a totally new PCB design, and software.

Ordered 1-CTB16PC 10/3 received 11/2 yaahoo. This bad habit forced me to order another 11/5.We will see how that goes. Also broke a pin on 470 ohm resistor network, request replacement on 11/4,will order from mouser if need be.To this date I am happy with LOR. Also working in the electronic field for over 20 years, relying on overseas distributors can be frustraiting, I have seen lead times from 2 to as much as 12 weeks on the simplest of components.

I keep telling myself - 4 more days, 4 more days as Oct. 13 orders are already shipping :D

alank58 wrote:

My October 12th order was sent out on November 7th. UPS is scheduled to deliver on the 11th. Hooray! Have faith! They will git'r done.

Ed P wrote:

OK, I'll join in with this since it seems helpful.

On Oct 11 I ordered PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE and it has not shipped yet.

Hopefully I get my order in next 2 weeks or it will change my planned Christmas show.

By posting on this thread, it spead up the process, actually I think it was just my number on the ship list had come up.

Package shipped on Monday and received yesterday 11/8, so just about a month from order date. Nice being close to LOR, I get a 1 day ship time.

Now I have to make the time to do the final assembly and I'll be good to go.