Light-O-Rama Forums

making change to sequence while show is running?

medman2000

Assuming there is a better way. Right now, if I notice something wrong (or otherwise enhance) one of my sequences, I make changes on my "office computer" - I then bring the new version of the sequence to my "show computer" in my garage, replacing the existing file.

When the show is running, though, my sequence changes won't take unless I stop and restart the show(? right?). That's a bummer when there is a constant stream of cars. Right now I sit in the garage and wait until a song ends, stop the show, restart the show.

Is there another way to accomplish a sequence change while the show is actually running without stopping/restarting?
Thanks!

I don't like making changes while the show is running. Don't figure there is any change I can make that's going to be a deal breaker to the folks enjoying the show. I've had half the show out due to rain and people were still excited to see what little was running at that time.

If there was one thing I learned during my short stint in (almost) show business is that the audience NEVER catches small mistakes like that. Remember they came to see you and know you are a pro. Anything 'wrong' that happens in their eyes was supposed to happen.

Unless the whole thing locks up and barfs (you fall off the stage), no one notices that you didn't turn the roof lights on, or that they were on when they should be off.

I agree. Make the changes on your show computer after the show is over for the night, or before it starts the next day. No one except you will know.

CKSedg wrote:

I agree. Make the changes on your show computer after the show is over for the night, or before it starts the next day. No one except you will know.

Agreed -

The only person that's bugged by the changes you need to make is you!

D.T.

medman2000 wrote:

That makes sense, I guess I never really thought about it that way. Maybe I'll just try to relax a bit this year :)
Thanks!

Yea, good luck with that. I'm pretty freaky form October until I turn on the lights Thanksgiving weekend, and still until lights go off, I'm a bit edgy. It gets better each year as I'm more confident I've done everything right, still seems like a lot of stuff can go wrong when you stand back and watch it all working!

Guest Don Gillespie

DevMike wrote:

Unless the whole thing locks up and barfs (you fall off the stage), no one notices that you didn't turn the roof lights on, or that they were on when they should be off.

just don't barf on your lights it sticks to your mitts when you are taking stuff down LOL :)

medman2000 wrote:

Assuming there is a better way. Right now, if I notice something wrong (or otherwise enhance) one of my sequences, I make changes on my "office computer" - I then bring the new version of the sequence to my "show computer" in my garage, replacing the existing file.

When the show is running, though, my sequence changes won't take unless I stop and restart the show(? right?). That's a bummer when there is a constant stream of cars. Right now I sit in the garage and wait until a song ends, stop the show, restart the show.

Is there another way to accomplish a sequence change while the show is actually running without stopping/restarting?
Thanks!
You should not have to re-start the show to have the changes to a sequence take effect. When you create your show you select the sequences/files to play in the show. As long as you don't change the name and location of your sequence the show will play it the next time it cycles through.