Light-O-Rama Forums

Background doesn't light the channel(resolved)

Guest guest

Hi Guys (and girls),

I'm using a 1 minute animation sequence (lights only - actually one channel only) to turn on my "tune to" sign during the show. Except the channel I have assigned doesn' t light during the show. The channel works fine in the hardware utility. I noticed in another thread that Joe Lotz had a problem with an animation, and the solution was to make the animation run for an hour.

Joe Lotz wrote:

Dan,
Problem solved. I just remembered reading something about a minimum time on an animation. It was a 10 minute sequence. Just changed it to 1 hour, tried it and it worked. I think the 10 minutes should have been enough but you know the bottom line - it's working.
Thanks,

Joe

Could the probem I'm experiencing be the same as Joe did ? Do I need to make my 1 minute background sequence an hour long ?

Thanks.

D.T.

Dan mentioned in the other thread that this is a very odd fix to a problem.

Thanks to check:

Have the sign channel configured correctly in your background sequence?
Make sure the channel does not appear ANYWHERE else in ANY sequence, period?
For giggles, make your background sequence with no events. Make it a minute long, but put no events into the sequence. (It's what I'm using.)

Don wrote:

Dan mentioned in the other thread that this is a very odd fix to a problem.

Thanks to check:

Have the sign channel configured correctly in your background sequence?
Make sure the channel does not appear ANYWHERE else in ANY sequence, period?
For giggles, make your background sequence with no events. Make it a minute long, but put no events into the sequence. (It's what I'm using.)

Don...

Thanks for the reply. I opened a sequence, made sure the FM sign channel wasn't defined, exported the channed config, and then re-imported it to all of the other sequences. Scheduled a show and... :waycool: wha la ! Sign is on.

Don, I don't care what anyone else thinks, YOU are the MAN ! :}

Thanks a lot.

D.T.