Light-O-Rama Forums

Show not working properly(resolved)

Guest guest

We changed our show this year and that meant reassigning several boxes to new places. HEre is the problem: Box 1 a 16 channel works in the hardware utility but has 8 channels out during the show. Box 5 is not getting the correct signal. Boxes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 will not play show at all. When I go into the hardware utility I can turn on each box by itself. They just will not play during the show. Any suggestions?

Patty wrote:

We changed our show this year and that meant reassigning several boxes to new places. HEre is the problem: Box 1 a 16 channel works in the hardware utility but has 8 channels out during the show. Box 5 is not getting the correct signal. Boxes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 will not play show at all. When I go into the hardware utility I can turn on each box by itself. They just will not play during the show. Any suggestions?
Patty... try resetting the controllers. Turn off, set switch to 00, turn on then back off, then set to correct number.

Patty wrote:

Patty:

For controller 1, maybe a blown fuse or hot / neutral jumper problem?

When you tested 7-11 was that indoors? Try changing cable between 6 and 7 (if they are wired in order). Blinky light or solid?

Mike

Patty wrote:

If ALL the boxes work in the hardware utility and SOME of the boxes work in the Sequence Editor then I would suspect the channel configuration. Are you sure the channels are setup to control these new controllers?

Dan, I hooked each box up one at a time and set the channel to it then, on box 10 & 11 I brought those two into the house and hooked up to computer ans set them there. I do have a question about the 16 channel boards that I noticed today, in the middle is a jumper space, my husband doesn't have a jumper on either 16 channel board is there supposed to be one there?

Thanks

Dan, I hooked each box up one at a time and set the channel to it then, on box 10 & 11 I brought those two into the house and hooked up to computer ans set them there. I do have a question about the 16 channel boards that I noticed today, in the middle is a jumper space, my husband doesn't have a jumper on either 16 channel board is there supposed to be one there?

Thanks

Patty wrote:

Thanks

Hi, Think we have settng up channel configuation in the Sequence Editor and setting the Unit ID on controllers confused. They are certianly interrelated but my guess is that you are talking about setting the Unit ID. I am talking haveing all the channels in your sequences point at the new Units that you have.

You mention a jumper in the middle of the CTB16 board. Are you talking about the 4 pin jumper next to the transformer?

Thanks for answering Dan, I'm sure I'm having confusion problems ...lost some memory this summer due to an illness and having to learn LOR all over again almost. When he built the 16 channel boards there are 4 spaces in the middle of the board that says jumper hot and jumper neut. he put a jumper in the hot to hot and a jumper in the neut. to neut. but saw no change in the box. I am sure now that it is something we are not doing in the 16 chan. boards though. I have everything working up to that first 16 chan. what do you suggest?

Patty wrote:

Thanks for answering Dan, I'm sure I'm having confusion problems ...lost some memory this summer due to an illness and having to learn LOR all over again almost. When he built the 16 channel boards there are 4 spaces in the middle of the board that says jumper hot and jumper neut. he put a jumper in the hot to hot and a jumper in the neut. to neut. but saw no change in the box. I am sure now that it is something we are not doing in the 16 chan. boards though. I have everything working up to that first 16 chan. what do you suggest?

Do you have two power cables going to the controller or just one power cable. If you have two power cables then take out those jumpers!

Were the 16 channel cards Kits that you soldered together?

Dan, thanks for the help, this was a case of the left hand didn't know the right hand had forgotten how to name the units in the sequence editor. he kept telling me he had done that but I finally started from point 1 and found tht he hadn't named them all. Sorry for the trouble. and thanks again