Light-O-Rama Forums

Hoping for an update on controller availability?

JHolmes

Hello everyone :)

I was hoping someone might be able to update me on the status of commercial-grade controller availability.

I have two clients (one that already placed an order directly with LOR and one that has not) that are curious to know how things are going and I'm not sure what to tell them.

Anything you might know would be great :)

Thanks!

I ordered some residential controller and it took 10 days from the date of my order until they arrived at my door. Note, I ordered on the first day they became available. Not sure what LOR inventory is like now.

I, too am waiting for sometype of update from Light-O-Rama on the LOR1602W controllers. I want to expand this year and have already reconfigured my sequences. I am starting to worry. DAN PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE.

Everyday I check the website. Waiting for the summer sale. No luck. I need it before Thanksgiving. Do they still sell the gen 2?

Bcspy

I was like you, putting off for the summer sale before purchasing my additional controllers. At this point in time I would be happy with the Gen 2 LOR1602W controllers. I understand the problem is not with LOR but with a circuit board supplier. I was just hoping for somesort of an update. I check everyday.

Does anyone know what the red dot on this subject means on the forum. I am fairly new at using this forum.

Someone is selling CTB16 2nd gen for $300 + $65 shipping on ebay. Looking good to me at this time. Living in Hawaii, means at least a week to ship. I hold on for about two weeks and then I'll pay anyone markup.

Just thought I would take a moment to comment since there are numerous individuals in this thread that might be newbies (maybe not by join date, but by post count at least) and wanted to make sure you understood that the CTB16PC controllers are available and unless you are running a commercial display that it is the more commonly used controller (I know at least one of you run commercial-type displays so disregard if so). It controls lights the exact same way, and interconnects with LOR160x controllers just fine. Main difference is that it doesn't have the UL certification that may be required by commercial liability insurance (though both were built with safety in mind). This is the controller used by most here. Sure you might prefer the other type for some reason, but having a controller vs. not having a controller must be considered. Too often I see that relative newbies are unaware of the differences and just assume that they need the LOR160x Showtime versions.

http://store.lightorama.com/ctb16pcpage.html

capt1 wrote:

Bcspy

I was like you, putting off for the summer sale before purchasing my additional controllers. At this point in time I would be happy with the Gen 2 LOR1602W controllers. I understand the problem is not with LOR but with a circuit board supplier. I was just hoping for somesort of an update. I check everyday.

Does anyone know what the red dot on this subject means on the forum. I am fairly new at using this forum.

Capt1

please email me as I may have a solution to your dilemma, I am a LOR partner in the Cincinnati area and can get you some controllers without any crazy markup

william@displaysinmotion.net

Bcspy wrote:

Someone is selling CTB16 2nd gen for $300 + $65 shipping on ebay. Looking good to me at this time. Living in Hawaii, means at least a week to ship. I hold on for about two weeks and then I'll pay anyone markup.

bcspy i can help you out as well, email me and ill take care of you

JBullard & Wbottomley

http://lightorama.com/pdu/ does have the updates but the updates are not updated. If you read Oct.4th and Oct.6th updates, the time line has come and gone with nothing else added pertaining to the LOR1602W controllers. I think that is what the concern is. I have faith that Light-o-rama will come through but communication helps relieve the stress. I personally think light-o-rama is the greatest thing since bread and butter and brag about their product.

capt1 wrote:

JBullard & Wbottomley

http://lightorama.com/pdu/ does have the updates but the updates are not updated. If you read Oct.4th and Oct.6th updates, the time line has come and gone with nothing else added pertaining to the LOR1602W controllers. I think that is what the concern is. I have faith that Light-o-rama will come through but communication helps relieve the stress. I personally think light-o-rama is the greatest thing since bread and butter and brag about their product.

You might want to refresh the page. There is an October 25th update regarding the LOR160x boards.

well.. i punted on waiting for the 1600w to come available and ordered 12 of the CTB16PC controllers. has anyone converted them to a single AC supply line? I'm using all LED, so I don't even need 15amps.
dave