Light-O-Rama Forums

Any Way to Print a LSS file?

jim6918

Ok, so I probably have too much time on my hands at this point, but was trying to figure a way to print a text version of the listing of sequences in several of my LSS files.

I have two fairly complicated shows that have about 25 sequences with different repeated "lights out" animation sequences between musical sequences, voice overs, etc.

In order to double check my work to make sure that the run order is correct, I was trying to figure out a way of printing out the whole LSS file as a text document. I tried saving the file as a .txt document and opening in Notepad. That works, but of course you get the entire location along with the sequence name, such as

C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2011 Sequences and Audio

That's even harder to sort through than just carefully going down the list of sequences in the Show Editor.

Any thoughts? Or should I just go back to the line by line check?

jim6918 wrote:

Ok, so I probably have too much time on my hands at this point, but was trying to figure a way to print a text version of the listing of sequences in several of my LSS files.

I have two fairly complicated shows that have about 25 sequences with different repeated "lights out" animation sequences between musical sequences, voice overs, etc.

In order to double check my work to make sure that the run order is correct, I was trying to figure out a way of printing out the whole LSS file as a text document. I tried saving the file as a .txt document and opening in Notepad. That works, but of course you get the entire location along with the sequence name, such as

C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2011 Sequences and Audio

That's even harder to sort through than just carefully going down the list of sequences in the Show Editor.

Any thoughts? Or should I just go back to the line by line check?

Hey Jim,

You're right, I think you DO have too much time on your hands. :P I don't know the answer to your question about printing it out... But I think the best way to review your show is to set up the lights and go out front and watch it. Bring a notepad or voice recorder so you can make notes of anything that needs to be tweaked. I do these practice runs late at night, so few, if any, will see my goofs. (and even if someone does see a goof...who's going to know besides you???)

Have a blast!

D.T.

If you know Excel at all, you can copy and paste into Excel and then using some TEXT FUNCTIONS get rid of the data you don't want...

if you don't know Excel, send your lss or text file to me and I will see what I can do with it...

jimswinder@hotmail.com

also..if you can get it into WORD you could try doing an EDIT>REPLACE

Find What:

C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences11 Sequences and Audio

Replace With:

""

Then hit Replace All

"" = Meaning don't put any value into the Replace With box, and you should just be left your song titles..or whatever...

jimswinder wrote:

If you know Excel at all, you can copy and paste into Excel and then using some TEXT FUNCTIONS get rid of the data you don't want...

if you don't know Excel, send your lss or text file to me and I will see what I can do with it...

jimswinder@hotmail.com

also..if you can get it into WORD you could try doing an EDIT>REPLACE

Find What:

C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences11 Sequences and Audio

Replace With:

""

Then hit Replace All

"" = Meaning don't put any value into the Replace With box, and you should just be left your song titles..or whatever...

Thanks Jim. My Excel skills are pretty basic although I work with a couple of people who are very good.

I also like the WORD suggestion and might give it a try tonight. I guess I hadn't thought you could "FIND" such a large statement, size wise.

Will report back results.