Light-O-Rama Forums

Shows at Top and Bottom of Every Hour

LarryDrumAZ

Hey All. We are running our show a little different this year. We are going to run a show at the Top and Bottom of each hour from 6-10pm. No what I am not understanding is how to schedule this in the show builder. Here's the plans...

A show between 15-20 mins long and then a break with no lights, but voiceovers until the next show, then the same again and again.

Is there a way to easily schedule this with the Show Builder and Scheduler? I have also heard many talk about Zara Radio for their "Off-Show" Music. Would this work for our vioceovers?

Thanks!

If I'm correctly understanding what you want to do, then I would make two different shows, one the "real" show, and the other the voiceover show. Then I would schedule them back to back, several times over the course of the night.

bob wrote:

If I'm correctly understanding what you want to do, then I would make two different shows, one the "real" show, and the other the voiceover show.  Then I would schedule them back to back, several times over the course of the night.

OK, so schedule the 2 shows back to back every 1/2 hour. Sounds so easy now... Thanks Bob

Guest Don Gillespie

LarryandGlenora wrote:

bob wrote:
If I'm correctly understanding what you want to do, then I would make two different shows, one the "real" show, and the other the voiceover show. Then I would schedule them back to back, several times over the course of the night.

OK, so schedule the 2 shows back to back every 1/2 hour. Sounds so easy now... Thanks Bob

make sure you have the timing down pat, you don't want to have the show run for 20 minutes and your voice overs run for 5 minutes because your next show will start right after your voice overs I kinda of do exactly what you are trying to do and I doublecheck and triple check my actual sequence times and then add my voice over times that way I am with in a second or two of having everything run the way I want it.

• 1 month later...

OK, so tonight we ran the show and it did not go well. As I asked before, how do I do this and make it work?

We are running shows at the top and bottom of each hour. I did As suggested and created the shows back to back. BUT because the times vary from song to song, there is always a few seconds between the end of the show and the start of the next show. Because of this, the 1st show restarts from the beginning, then a few seconds later the next show's time comes, but the 1st show won't stop till the end of the song, then everything is out of timimg.

SO, how do I create a show and schedule it so that it will run for a set number of minutes, then STOP and not repeat?

Thanks!

Try this: (Example times shown)

Show Contents

Song1 (2:30)
Song2 (1:30)
Song3 (2:45)
Song4 (1:15)
[Total: 8 Minutes]

Now create a 30 minute animation sequenece. If you want the lights on when no show is playing, then leave the 30 minute animation blank. If you want some lights on, then program those into the animation sequence. The LOR show player will stop an animation sequence when a new show is scheduled to begin. (As you have noticed, it will not stop a musical sequence, but let it play out.)

This option has no voice overs.

One way to do voice overs would be to start your shows with a 5 minute Musical sequence that is your voice over. You don't need music in the musical sequence, just the voice over. You could then schedule the shows to start at :55 and :25 past the hour. Since you have a 5 minute musical sequence in there, the real magic would begin at the top/bottom of the hour.

Don wrote:

Try this: (Example times shown)

Show Contents

Song1 (2:30)
Song2 (1:30)
Song3 (2:45)
Song4 (1:15)
[Total: 8 Minutes]

Now create a 30 minute animation sequenece. If you want the lights on when no show is playing, then leave the 30 minute animation blank. If you want some lights on, then program those into the animation sequence. The LOR show player will stop an animation sequence when a new show is scheduled to begin. (As you have noticed, it will not stop a musical sequence, but let it play out.)

This option has no voice overs.

One way to do voice overs would be to start your shows with a 5 minute Musical sequence that is your voice over. You don't need music in the musical sequence, just the voice over. You could then schedule the shows to start at :55 and :25 past the hour. Since you have a 5 minute musical sequence in there, the real magic would begin at the top/bottom of the hour.

Don,

Thanks for the help! I followed your tutorial, tested the first 3 shows and they ran beautifully! Thanks again for your help!