Light-O-Rama Forums

Version number in video

MikeA

In the videos it shows version number 2.9.105

I have version 2.9.4....shouldn't that be a newer version? I do not have the features the video's show though.

First: You might want to upgrade to version 3.0.2. See here and here for details. However, your current license might not cover it, so you would first want to check whether it does or not. If it doesn't, you can either:

(1) Continue using version 2.9.4 forever, or

(2) Purchase a license renewal, for $29.95, or

(3) Purchase a SuperStar license (which also counts as a license renewal), for $45.95 or up (depending on what level you want), or

(4) Purchase a license upgrade (which also counts as a license renewal), for some price dependent upon what level you currently have and what level you want (e.g. upgrading "Basic to Basic Plus" will cost less than "Basic to Standard").

The gory details can be found in this post. If anything is not clear, please ask.

Now, back to your original question about version 2.9.105:

No, that's not something you can upgrade to. The way we handle version numbers is this:

(1) Anything that we release to the public has its final number even, not odd. Odd numbers (like 105) are things that we use internally.

(2) For the Beta releases that were made in preparation for the release of 3.0.0, we named them starting at 2.9.100.

So, what happened was this:

• We released 2.9.4 to the public.
  • We bumped our internal stuff to 2.9.5.
  • We released 2.9.100 to Beta.
  • We bumped our internal stuff to 2.9.101.
  • We released 2.9.102 to Beta.
  • We bumped our internal stuff to 2.9.103.
  • We released 2.9.104 to Beta.
  • We bumped our internal stuff to 2.9.105.
  • I (or someone) made that video using the internal stuff.
  • (... more Beta releases ...)
  • We released 3.0.0 to the public.
  • We bumped our internal stuff to 3.0.1.
  • We released 3.0.2 to the public.
  • We bumped our internal stuff to 3.0.3.

And that's where it sits today: The latest public release is 3.0.2; the stuff that we're running internally is 3.0.3. The next release will be 3.0.4, or maybe 3.1.0 or something.

You'll notice the same thing in the screen shots of the help files. Most of those are taken with internal versions that will have version numbers you are not familiar with. For example, the Picture of the main window for the Visualizer in the help document shows 2.9.111:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/visualizer.htm

That just happened to be the internal version we were on when I took that screen shot in preparation of releasing S3.

Gotcha.
I will be up grading after the new year. I am not going to try and learn something new here in the middle of crunch time.