Light-O-Rama Forums

How to terminate a show

Leopold

What I have is a 3 minute show that needs to happen about every ten minutes from 7:00 Pm until 10:00 PM. I created a sequence, which includes dimming the house lights, running the show and then brightening the lights when it is done. I built a show around it, just the musical sequence.

The biggest problem is how to get it to run once on the a schedule and then stop, and wait for the next scheduled run. It runs, and then runs again, and again, and when the next episode starts after ten minutes it says it's terminating this show, and when it finishes, starts the next one, on and on.

I tried adding a termination sequence, which does essentially nothing, as nothing is required except to stop the sequence. It is either ignored or it does nothing, and the parade of the show moves on.

So, what piece of magic am I missing?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want a single sequence in your show, and you want it to run once and only once per run of the show. If I am correct about that, then:

Put the sequence into the Startup section of your show, rather than into the Musical section of your show.

Note that in order to use the Startup section of a show, you'll need either a Standard or an Advanced license. If you do not have one, and do not want to upgrade, you can still accomplish what you want, but it will be a bit trickier and more fragile:

You could make a sequence that is ten minutes and one second long (or something like that), where the first three minutes (or whatever) is the "real" sequence, and the last seven minutes (or whatever) is just silent audio with no lighting effects.

Ahhhhhh... I knew the answer would be simple, if only I understood better. I would suggest that that little tidbit (about using the StartUp sequence) would be an excellent thing to add to the Show Editor part of the manual.

Yes, I do have Advanced version, so I'll be trying it that way tonight. I won't be able to get back online until Wednesday.

Thanks for your help, Bob.