Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Schedule and Shows

Guest guest

This is my first year with LOR. I just powered up everything for my first show night and it was Great!. I set up 6 songs with sequences, which at the time I thought would be just right (coming in at 15 minutes).

After watching if for three passes, I realized the songs were going to get repetitive.

I would like to know what kind of shows everyone else is creating? What kind of schedules, etc. This would be of interest to everyone.

Mine is set to run one show every thirty minutes starting at 5:30pm, ending at 9:00pm. The show lasts for 15 minutes, and then i have an animation for 15 minutes (with all lights on). There are 6 music sequences in the 15 minute show.

I am going to be building more sequences, since it is kind of getting fun now!

There are two schools of thought. Run them all, and run them and static lights.

I simply run them all night. Once your house becomes known for lights, people stick around and wait for the next show. (At least they do around here.)

For me, putting static in the display would only add to the traffic troubles.

I have four songs sequenced and run them back to back from 5:25 PM to 11 PM. I couldn't imagine sitting in a car with or without kids for more than a few minutes waiting for the lights to start blinking unless it was a very impressive show.

Year 1 with LOR so I doubt I'm going to have any resenblance of traffic problems, so I'm just running all songs (8 of them) repeatedly thru the night with no breaks other than voiceovers every 2 songs.

Sun-Th 6-10 and Fri-Sat 5:30-10:30

I do have smaller 3 sequence (+VO) set for Friday's & Saturday if/when I ever need to move people along. Again, highly doubtful.

My first year, have 6 songs that would run about 18 min total time. Wife thought it would be too long, so I run 3 songs each night, 9 min total time, back to back from 6-10. Shows alternate nights, have one show called even nights, one called odd nights. Gona try this for a while and see how things go.

James

EasleyK wrote:

Year 1 with LOR so I doubt I'm going to have any resenblance of traffic problems, so I'm just running all songs (8 of them) repeatedly thru the night with no breaks other than voiceovers every 2 songs.

I had no problems last year, until the week of Christmas. There had been enough time for word to spread about the display. Had to drop to two or three songs (looping) per hour.