Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Sequence/Controller Challenge

Guest guest

Hi all,

Just finished putting my display out tonight :waycool::waycool::waycool:

However, I'm having issues with some channels missing random events. My setup is:

3 x 16 channel boards mounted in fiberglass housings.

Each channel is controlling 1 70 ct C6 LED string, with a couple of exceptions where there are multple strings on 1 bush (no more than 2 strings on each channel). 2 wireless extenders (one inside, one outside). The 3 controllers are connected via CAT5 cables.

Song: Mannheim Steamroller - Carol of the Bells in .wav format with fixed events every 0.05 secs.

I'm seeing several instances of events being missed. When I run the sequence, different events are missed (sometimes) with each run. Sometimes it is ON or INTENSITY events, sometimes OFF events, but hardly ever the same event in multiple runs of the sequence. I'm kinda flumoxed. If I was missing the same events each time, I would expect that it is the sequence, but to be missing different events each time, and the events seems to be spread across all the controllers, I'm just stymied.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This is the exact same problem that I was having with mine when I first started setting it up. Differant channels either missing a cue to turn on, or sticking on until they recieved another cue to turn off. Your system sound like the way I had mine set up during testing.

Try this. Diddle with the RF Channels and power output on the ELL's. Change the channel to something else, and try a differant power setting. Mine cleared up a LOT after that.

I updated the firmware on the CTB's between Halloween and now. Initially FW was on v3, and I was having the flicker issue on fades. Now, I'm having the missing events issue. Funny thing is, the ELLs are now closer together, about 10 ft. apart. I'll check the FW for those next.

TraceWilson wrote:

Did you notice if it was the channel or power setting that happened to help the most?

I think that the channel change did the most good, but now I can't change channels. Default is Channel 16. Try to go to something like 30 and it says that it takes it, but when I refresh the hardware, it comes back with 0 units found. Change back to 16 and it says 4 units found. I seem to have the most problems with my #3 controller, so I am about to reset the board (Again) to see if I can make it through tonights showing halfway intact... I am thinking seriously about reflashing the firmware updates to everything again. Controllers, ELL's and reloading the hardware utility. But that will be later in the week.