Light-O-Rama Forums

1602 won't come on (resolved)

Guest guest

Hooking everything up tonight and with all the mess of extension cords, I just put all channels on so I could plug in and figure out which cords go to which number. Everything worked fine and was all hooked up until I decided to plug in an amp reader to see how close I was to maxing out. When I did that, everything went dead. Checked the fuse panel, everthing was fine. plugged a radio into the outlets I was using, everthing was fine. Tried to plug the controller back in and got some of the lights which blinked for a fraction of a second then died again.

Everything worked fine on my second controller as well until I hooked the amp reader up to it and that one did the same thing. I didn't fry my boards did I? I figured if it was a fuse problem that I wouldn't be getting any power at all to for the lights to blink for a second when plugging them in. Any ideas?

Sneaky Pete wrote:

Hooking everything up tonight and with all the mess of extension cords, I just put all channels on so I could plug in and figure out which cords go to which number. Everything worked fine and was all hooked up until I decided to plug in an amp reader to see how close I was to maxing out. When I did that, everything went dead. Checked the fuse panel, everthing was fine. plugged a radio into the outlets I was using, everthing was fine. Tried to plug the controller back in and got some of the lights which blinked for a fraction of a second then died again.

Everything worked fine on my second controller as well until I hooked the amp reader up to it and that one did the same thing. I didn't fry my boards did I? I figured if it was a fuse problem that I wouldn't be getting any power at all to for the lights to blink for a second when plugging them in. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are hooked up the Hardware Utility, right? You sent an 'on' command to trigger the lights?

If you unplugged the controller and plugged it back in, you need to 'resend' command. The HWU doesn't keep sending out that 'on' command.

Thanks Don, that was it. Boy, I got pretty nervous there for awhile. It works flawlessly now. Workin the bugs out tonight and gonna start the show tomorrow. Thanks to Don and everyone else here who seem to have an answer to almost every problem. If not for them, god knows where I'd be.