Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Install Issue

thedementedelf

I did my license upgrade to S3 then downlaoded and tried to install. The first flash screen says this will do a upgrad of LOR. I hit contiinue then I get an error message.

Error 1500 another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.

The problem with that is there isn't anything else being installed. Does S2 need to be unistalled first? Then what does that do to # of installs you are allowed?

Guest wbottomley

You have unlimited number of installs. It's the number of license pc's where the issue begins. Currently it is 5.

But that doesn't resolve your problem. Try downloading again.

S3 installed straight over S2 for me without problems (as far as I know) here. The only problem is that I can't get at the store to upgrade my licence at the moment!

Regards,

Alan.

Here is a Microsoft support page about this error message. Basically it means that you're currently installing something else (or at least Windows thinks you are) -- not necessarily LOR. Windows will only allow you to try to install one thing at a time.

It suggests rebooting.

Alan C wrote:

S3 installed straight over S2 for me without problems (as far as I know) here. The only problem is that I can't get at the store to upgrade my licence at the moment!

Regards,

Alan.

The store's been working fine for me, and it looks like other people are using it too. What error message do you get, and when do you get it?

I selected the first level of superstar licence, pressed "add to cart", and that is as far as it will go. Perhaps it is trying to tell me it is too late to be doing this now! :(

Regards,

Alan.

Alan C wrote:

I selected the first level of superstar licence, pressed "add to cart", and that is as far as it will go. Perhaps it is trying to tell me it is too late to be doing this now! :(

Regards,

Alan.

What happens when you click "Add to Cart"? Does it give you some error message? If so, what?

That particular page seems to be working OK for me, by the way. Maybe try a different web browser? What browser are you using now?

bob wrote:

What happens when you click "Add to Cart"? Does it give you some error message? If so, what?

That particular page seems to be working OK for me, by the way.  Maybe try a different web browser? What browser are you using now?

Hi Bob, the next page (showing the cart) never loaded - the pc just sat there patiently waiting. I tried this morning and all worked first time. It may have worked last night if I had restarted my pc, but it was getting late!

Regards,

Alan.