Light-O-Rama Forums

s3 instant sequencer?

mbettez

I read somewhere there was an instant sequencer for regular channels based on the superstar instant sequencer. Is this feature included in s3 somewhere and I just can't find it or was this not added?

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar enough with SuperStar yet to really say, but I believe that instant sequencing can be used with visualization sequences (in SuperStar) as well.

I'll point this thread out to the creator of SuperStar, who I'm sure will be able to clear this up much better than I can.

mbettez wrote:

I am familiar with the superstar sequencer. I read somewhere that the instant sequencer would work for everything and not just ccr's.

You heard right! It is the coolest new feature in the SuperStar software. Once you create a Visualization of your light display in the S3 Visualizer, you do the following:
1) Click on the File menu and selecting “Import Visualization”
2) Press Ctrl+I to launch the Instant Sequence dialog box, use the 3 buttons in the lower left of the dialog box to do the following:
a) Click on the “Open Audio File” button to open your audio file
:( Click on the “Sequence All” button
c) Click on the “Play/Stop All” button

I guess that option is not there with the demo version of superstar software or I just can't find it. I really didn't want to purchase the superstar software since I will probably never have a need for it but I was looking forward to the auto sequence. It sucks that you have to buy the superstar software to get that feature.

Guest wbottomley

Linda wrote:

I guess that option is not there with the demo version of superstar software or I just can't find it.  I really didn't want to purchase the superstar software since I will probably never have a need for it but I was looking forward to the auto sequence.  It sucks that you have to buy the superstar software to get that feature.

It's there if you follow the instructions. I started a thread about it here: http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=28487&forum_id=96

By the way... I have the demo version too.

Linda wrote:

I guess that option is not there with the demo version of superstar software or I just can't find it.  I really didn't want to purchase the superstar software since I will probably never have a need for it but I was looking forward to the auto sequence.  It sucks that you have to buy the superstar software to get that feature.

The S3 SuperStar Demo verions of the software has the Import Visualization feature. The Demo version is functional in every way except that you can't export sequences to LOR format files for the LOR Sequence Editor to play.
Once you import a visualization, you can do an instant sequence on it.
Note that the demo version that you can download from my web site does not have the Import Visualization feature, but that is not because it is a demo version, it is because the software didn't have that feature at the time that software was produced.

it may be my imagination but superstar is exporting a different sequence then what plays in superstar. I'm not 100% positive and I am doing more testing but when playing the instant sequences made by superstar using the sequence editor and visualizer it is different.

mbettez wrote:

it may be my imagination but superstar is exporting a different sequence then what plays in superstar. I'm not 100% positive and I am doing more testing but when playing the instant sequences made by superstar using the sequence editor and visualizer it is different.

So are you exporting the sequence and then playing it with the LOR Sequence Editor back to the visualizer? And when you do that, the sequence you see in the S3 Visualizer is different? If so then that is a bug.

yes, the superstar preview is showing something different from the s3 visualizer when the sequence is exported. I will test it again to be sure.

mbettez wrote:

yes, the superstar preview is showing something different from the s3 visualizer when the sequence is exported. I will test it again to be sure.

Can you email me your visualization file? The file will end with .lee, you can email to brian@superstarlights.com and please zip it up into a zip file before sending. If you send it as a .lee file my experience has been that they get chopped off and only part of the file makes it through.

I have 1-16 channel controller and 2 CCR's. If I purchase the SuperStar Sequence Editor (2 CCRs - 300 Channels) will the auto sequencer run all my channels? or do I have to purchase the 4 CCRs so it will also auto sequence my 16 channel controller. Thanks

Deck wrote:

I have 1-16 channel controller and 2 CCR's.  If I purchase the SuperStar Sequence Editor (2 CCRs - 300 Channels) will the auto sequencer run all my channels? or do I have to purchase the 4 CCRs so it will also auto sequence my 16 channel controller.   Thanks 

To sequence any more than 2 CCRs you will need the 4 CCR version.
With the 2CCR license you could do 1 CCR and you 16 channels but you can't do 2 CCRs and your 16 channels.

Remember that you are still going to have to export what you create to S3 before you can run it. That means that there's another option for you:

1) Use Superstar to sequence your CCR's. Export that and open it in S3.

2) Use Superstar to sequence your 16-channels of lights. Export that. In S3, add another controller to your first sequence and now copy/paste the instant sequence for that.

The disadvantage to this is you won't be able to see both parts of your show at the same time in the Superstar visualizer. Well, you'll also have a bit more work, but not much. The advantage is you won't need to buy a license for 4 CCR's when you're only actually sequencing 2 CCR's + 16 more channels.

I would NOT recommend that approach to try and run more CCR's than you have a license for. You'd only be able to do the most basic of stuff, for one thing. But for your specific needs it should work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, If I have sequences that I created in 2.9 and I want to see how auto sequencing works in superstar demo mode for those without any CCRs how do import / export files or what do I need to do to see what auto sequencing will do for me without any ccrs.

Can I have auto sequencing rework or redo files already created in 2.9?

Do I just need to open Superstar and setup a visualization file and then run auto sequence?

First you need to create a Visualization in the S3 Visualizer.
The SuperStar software can import Visualization files from the S3 Visualizer.
Also note that to just see how things will work you can use the demo version. You only need a high license level to acutally export the file for the LOR Sequence Editor to use.
Also, there are known problems with the import of some visualization files. There will be an update release this week. If you have problems with your visualization file, please email it to brian@superstarlights.com and so I can make sure the update will work with all files.