Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 question

scubado

In my display I have a few items that are full RGB and some items that are two color. I do not have any CCR's and don't plan to get any next year. I'm wondering if Superstar auto sequencing or it's features will be helpful to me or not. Trying to decide whether to renew or add Superstar.

I, too, am interested in this answer. I do not plan to use any of the CCRs, but I do have Fire Fli and plan to get some CCBs when they are released. I assume each Fire Fli would count as 48 channels, but how many channels is the CCB? Is it three channels per bulb also? How are DMX channels handled in the channel count of SuperStar? Don't want to upgrade until I know how many SuperStar channels I need. Also, has any thought been given to upgrading of the SuperStar license down the road to add more channels if/when needed?

If you look at the prices in the store, the first level of superstar is $45.95 and the renewal for the existing bit is $29.95. The store also gives introductory prices for all lebels of superstar, as well as upgrades between levels.

Edit: If you buy any level of superstar licence, you don't need the "renewal".

Regards,

Alan.

Ralph D wrote:

but are there any benefits upgrading to superstar even tho i do not having ccr's,

Your best bet is to get the license renewal if you already have S2 advanced. You will have the Superstar as a demo feature. If you decide to get CCRs/CCbs later, you can then upgrade to Superstar.

MikeH

Ralph D wrote:

but are there any benefits upgrading to superstar even tho i do not having ccr's,

Brian put some information about instant sequencing via SuperStar (which can be done on sequences without CCRs) in this thread.

How long are the current prices good for? Since Superstar upgrade is only $16 more than the renewal. I may go that route, but need to wait till next weekend to do it.

MikeH wrote:

Ralph D wrote:

Your best bet is to get the license renewal if you already have S2 advanced. You will have the Superstar as a demo feature. If you decide to get CCRs/CCbs later, you can then upgrade to Superstar.

MikeH

To me it seems the "best bet" is to just get the 2CCR version of Superstar (for only $16 more than the license renewal ($29.95) and then that way you get both. Can always upgrade to more CCR levels later (for just the price difference). Whereas if you renew you license for $29.95, and then later get Superstar for $45.95 (or $49 non-intro price) you will end up spending a lot more.

I went for the 4ccr's package. just to be in the middle. so down the road if and when i go ccr or b, I'll be good.

scubado wrote:

How long are the current prices good for? Since Superstar upgrade is only $16 more than the renewal. I may go that route, but need to wait till next weekend to do it.

bump

scubado wrote:

scubado wrote:

bump

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I haven't heard anything about these prices being temporary, but I probably wouldn't have heard such a thing even if they were (I'm not involved in the business stuff). I think maybe your best bet would be to open up a help desk ticket about this.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

MikeH wrote:
Ralph D wrote:

MikeH

To me it seems the "best bet" is to just get the 2CCR version of Superstar (for only $16 more than the license renewal ($29.95) and then that way you get both.  Can always upgrade to more CCR levels later (for just the price difference).  Whereas if you renew you license for $29.95, and then later get Superstar for $45.95 (or $49 non-intro price) you will end up spending a lot more. 

Is this correct? Buying just Superstar also upgrades S2 to S3? In the LOR store it looks like you need to buy both S3 and Superstar.

http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

Can someone help me sort this out? Thanks.

Bob Musil wrote:

Is this correct? Buying just Superstar also upgrades S2 to S3? In the LOR store it looks like you need to buy both S3 and Superstar.

http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

Can someone help me sort this out? Thanks.

Bob, see this post. Relevant portion quoted here.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html
WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT LICENSE LEVEL UPGRADES OR SUPERSTAR PURCHASES INSTEAD OF LICENSE RENEWALS?
You can purchase a license renewal by itself, but a license level upgrade (such as upgrading a Basic license to Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced) counts as a license renewal. So does the purchase of a SuperStar license.

So, if your license does not currently support S3, you might want to purchase a license renewal, but you might instead want to consider purchasing a license level upgrade or a SuperStar license instead of a license renewal.