Light-O-Rama Forums

Fatal Exception during show

Guest guest

Rick

I too have the 485B installed on a desktop XP pro system and even after I upgraded the driver to the version 2 drivers indicated on the above link (which is for FTDI drivers - VCP is an acronym for 'virtual com port'), the lockup problems continued although perhaps not as frequently.

I reached a workable solution by reverting to my original com1 to 485 converter and installing an additional cat5 cable to enable connection of all my LOR units in series. Since then I have had a flawless operation of LOR.

Geoff

AHHHHHHH!!!

My show stopped twice tonight because the computer crashed. In a previous post I mentioned I'm using the IOGEAR USB Serial Adapter. The system crashed on me once on November 25th. It has been working fine since then until tonight when it crashed twice!

I think I need to get away from this USB-Serial device. If I get the USB-RS485 from light-o-rama, does this avoid the whole USEB-Serial problems described in this post? If so, I'll order one right away!

Jeff

I have a locally bought IOGEAR device so I can't use that driver.

Anyway, I looked at my system more closely and it DOES have a serial port but I was using it for my UPS system.

For now, I've switched the UPS system to the USB-Serial cable and have LOR plugged into the standard serial port. I will wait and see if that helps and if it doesn't, I just get the LOR supported one from their online store.

Jeff